Menu

Algebra for auditory learner?

Maybe Teaching Textbooks?  All of the lessons have video lectures and all of the problems are read aloud as well.

I used Lial's for my son with the dvds and that worked well for him.  He definitely learns better with a lecture rather than just from reading the book.  I think of him as an auditory learner vs. a visual learner.

Is this a blind child, or just one who prefers auditory input?  If s/he cannot manage a text type approach there are textbooks turned into audio form for people who are blind or  have trouble with print.

In general, you might want to read some books on math learning like a Mind for Numbers, How the Brain Learns Mathematics.  

I'm inclined to think that a relatively normal approach with multi-sensory study techniques (perhaps emphasizing auditory in this case) is best for many learners.

Great Courses has an algebra course if listening to such a thing over and over would help.

Thanks for the suggestions. My daughter learns best through lecture. We will also use the text or video as well. We have the Great Courses Plus subscription, but wouldn't we need a text too?

I'll definitely check out Tabletclass. I've also heard good things about A+ tutor math.