Menu

I just clicked the "submit" button on the counselor portion of the Common App

Congrats! I am going to be starting the common app soon for my son and I am dreading writing a guidance counselor letter.

That was the hardest part for me too. I had lots of thoughts swirling around in my head, but it took for.ev.er. to get them down into something coherent.

Good luck!

Sent from my Z988 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I've uploaded, but scared to hit submit!

I know I keep thinking that if it wasn't for me he'd be a shoo-in but what if I did something that messed it all up for him? Finally I just had to take the plunge and do it just to stop the worrying!

• Like 5

I cannot wait until I can do that! 

I guess I will first have to get my head out of the sand and get moving on it.

Me, too!  I am actually feeling quite overwhelmed.  All of this great information and support here, and yet, I am feeling so nervous and scared.  I am mostly in denial.  To be honest, I didn't even know you could do that yet.  I am nervous about messing this up.    :scared:  

• Like 2

It depends on the school, I always sent my school profile with the transcript to put things in perspective.

For the course descriptions and counselor letter, I went by what the school wants from homeschool applicants. If the school doesn't read letters of recommendation (such as many large state schools that just go by the numbers), I didn't send more paper than necessary.

• Like 1

If the schools don't use the Common App, do you just mail them the counselor letter and school profile?

All of the schools DS applied to use the Common App, so I would think you'd have to talk to each school to know.

Are you attaching your course descriptions to the end of your transcripts? Or do you upload it as a separate document someplace else?

The Common App asks you how many transcripts you can provide, so I said 2 and it gave me prompts to upload 2 documents, 1 was a transcript and 1was the course description document.

• Like 2