Menu

Accountability Thread: 8/7-8/12

I forgot to put the thread up yesterday! In my defense, I had a lot on my mind. Not all of it all that important, though.

Today's schedule:

Latin-Start lesson 18, DVD, workbook

Math-Lesson 15

Literature-Reading The Hobbit, Cp 12, vocabulary and comprehension questions

History-finish reading Cp 7

Logic-Fallacy 9, Appeal to Illegitimate Authority

For me: Latin, Geometry, Writing, Housekeeping

• Like 2

I forgot to put the thread up yesterday! In my defense, I had a lot on my mind. Not all of it all that important, though.

Today's schedule:

Latin-Start lesson 18, DVD, workbook

Math-Lesson 15

Literature-Reading The Hobbit, Cp 12, vocabulary and comprehension questions

History-finish reading Cp 7

Logic-Fallacy 9, Appeal to Illegitimate Authority

For me: Latin, Geometry, Writing, Housekeeping

That's funny because I forgot to check for the thread yesterday and there was nothing on my mind. Gonna laser tag with friends today and that's it well, except for a little housekeeping.

• Like 1

Good morning!

Today's schedule:

Latin-continue lesson 18

Math-test

Poetry-Euphemism, last lesson, doing half today

Science-reading

Art-draw something for Thursday's painting

For me: Latin, Geometry, Writing, Housekeeping, Writers' Meeting

• Like 1

So I kinda blew it this week.. We did do school Monday and mostly Tuesday. I forgot to check in though. We had a 911 call in the middle of the night for my K'er who had a spasmodic croup issue. We missed the whole night's sleep. He's completely fine now and the way he retells the story you'd think we called EMS just for a fun ride and let him hang out in the ER for some pampering lol (..and I had my own CURTAIN, and my own BATHROOM, and they gave me ORANGE JUICE!). Tuesday one got invited for a sleepover, now the other got invited and I couldn't say no but I wanted to because it means I won't get school done tomorrow either. This is the last week for sleepovers for the kids in b&m schools before school starts so I guess they are all in a frenzy to see their friends and stay up late.

We will be doing full school days Friday and Saturday I guess. The bigger kids should have finished their light units at the beginning of the week and they are still not done. I need them to finish so we can take and aim to complete a fresh LU on the eclipse trip, which we should be leaving for on Monday or Tuesday next week. I don't want to drag around extra papers. I have audio books lined up (eclipse, astronomy, and explorer related) and some plans to do oral spelling games in the car.

For me.. Guh.. Survive? I made up a nice Self Education Plan (hehe)for myself a few weeks ago but life has been so nuts I'm only getting about 20 minutes a day. Hopefully I can work through some things soon. I start to get a little antsy without a mental challenge or project, and "just cope" doesn't really count. Speaking of that, is it ok to be accountable for self education goals here (and maybe talk about them a little bit?) Or would you rather I start a thread elsewhere?

• Like 2

For me.. Guh.. Survive? I made up a nice Self Education Plan (hehe)for myself a few weeks ago but life has been so nuts I'm only getting about 20 minutes a day. Hopefully I can work through some things soon. I start to get a little antsy without a mental challenge or project, and "just cope" doesn't really count. Speaking of that, is it ok to be accountable for self education goals here (and maybe talk about them a little bit?) Or would you rather I start a thread elsewhere?

Sure. Good a place as any. My goals for the upcoming week include working on a few scenes that give me fits. That means I've got to get out a book and study, red pen in hand.

Today's schedule:

I'm not sure. I woke up with a stomach ache. We are supposed to go to art at nine, but I'm not sure that's going to be happening.

Other than art we have:

Latin-continue lesson 18

Math-new light unit lesson 1

Poetry-finish Euphemism

Science-reading

For me: Supposed to do Latin, Geometry, Writing, Housekeeping

• Like 2

CadenceSophia-please talk about them here! Maybe, it will be the kick in the pants I need to stop procrastinating and get going on my own plan.

Critter- I hope you're feeling better and can go to art. How are the puppies?

Well, I don't have much going to today, just tons of running around. One appointment down and one to go, we're having another coop meeting today. I'm trying to decide when our official start date is going to be.

• Like 2

I opted not to go to art. I think it's best, just in case it's contagious. Doubtful, but on the other hand, painting while you feel like running to the bathroom isn't all that fun really.

The puppies have moved on to a secondary facility. It took some work, but I got them a spot with a humane society so that they can get in to some of the major adoption events in the area. Which is what they needed--more exposure. We miss them. :sad:

• Like 2

Good morning.

Today's schedule:

Latin-translation from lesson 18

Math-Lesson 2

Literature- The Hobbit, chapter 13, vocabulary and comprehension questions

History-Cp 8, half a chapter

Logic-Fallacy 10

For me: Latin, Geometry, Writing, Housekeeping, Cooking

I keep forgetting to post in the morning, but school accomplished for today.

Yesterday each kid a good about of writing, which I was really happy about. DD is writing a story called Little house in the woods. I tried not to edit too much but I'm trying I get fewer sentences too start with "and then" or "so"..Sometimes the basic plot progression of her story is a giant run on sentence made of "and then.. and then...and then" :) DS is getting forum posting lessons as he is getting started in his course at Athena's.

Today DD finished her LU, DS will finish tomorrow. They also watched a bunch of videos for eclipse prep ava now they are terrified that the eclipse glasses I got are fake and they will go blind hehe.

I keep forgetting to post in the morning, but school accomplished for today.

Yesterday each kid a good about of writing, which I was really happy about. DD is writing a story called Little house in the woods. I tried not to edit too much but I'm trying I get fewer sentences too start with "and then" or "so"..Sometimes the basic plot progression of her story is a giant run on sentence made of "and then.. and then...and then" :) DS is getting forum posting lessons as he is getting started in his course at Athena's.

Today DD finished her LU, DS will finish tomorrow. They also watched a bunch of videos for eclipse prep ava now they are terrified that the eclipse glasses I got are fake and they will go blind hehe.

Don't edit! Not right away. Great place to teach that the first draft is never the final draft. No matter how wonderful it is. Never the final!

Off soapbox.

Sounds like a great day! :hurray:

• Like 1

Don't edit! Not right away. Great place to teach that the first draft is never the final draft. No matter how wonderful it is. Never the final!

Off soapbox.

Sounds like a great day! :hurray:

Feel free to give writing advice any time! The only thing I did correct was that she was writing know as now. And then I volunteered to type a couple of sentences (handwriting or typing is the limiting factor on the length of her stories.. Heaven help us if I gave her a voice to text option..) And I talked about correct punctuation, capitalization and use of quotation marks as I did it. She seemed to like that.

So school on Saturday! That's what you get for having sleepovers mid week and also for privilege of taking a two week solar eclipse trip right when school is supposed to be starting for the year. Math tests (kids LOVE them), finish introductory assignments for Athena's (including more wiring practice) for DS, working on story for DD, and whatever school DS5 wants -- he surely won't want to be left out!

For me, finishing all this and Costco before 3pm, when we possibly (probably? I can't let myself think about it this morning) have to put the cat down :( I was a wreck yesterday and I'll be a wreck again after.. Then my mom flys in tonight.

• Like 1

For me, finishing all this and Costco before 3pm, when we possibly (probably? I can't let myself think about it this morning) have to put the cat down  :( I was a wreck yesterday and I'll be a wreck again after

:crying: I hate that. So sad.

• Like 1