Menu

The Big History Project

I had just started to use it for middle school a couple of years ago, but my kid got into a charter school program shortly after the school year started, so I can't really offer a valid opinion on it. I was looking forward to using it.

There is a thread on it from the K-8 board

http://forums.welltrainedmind.com/topic/543528-anyone-using-big-history-project-for-middle-school-and-like-to-give-me-a-review/

• Like 2

The Khan site takes the material directly from BHP. It doesn't include all the info, though. The last 2-3 units have been significantly cut on KA, and KA does not include the Investigations.

I am using it next year with a 9th grader, so I can't offer any btdt thoughts. I think it looks great. :)

• Like 2

We are doing it this year and the kids are super excited.  Chrysalis Academy did it a few years ago and I used a lot of her information to get a feel for what is expected and to get ideas for supplements. 

We needed a change and I think this will fit the bill.  We are supplementing -- aiming for an hour of Big history materials a day and 30 minutes of supplementary reading. We are not doing history -- just combining the two. We will jump back into the history cycle next year. 

• Like 2

We are doing it this year and the kids are super excited.  Chrysalis Academy did it a few years ago and I used a lot of her information to get a feel for what is expected and to get ideas for supplements. 

We needed a change and I think this will fit the bill.  We are supplementing -- aiming for an hour of Big history materials a day and 30 minutes of supplementary reading. We are not doing history -- just combining the two. We will jump back into the history cycle next year. 

I'm doing this too.  We took last year off the history cycle for US history, and I feel like this is such a great way back to Ancients next year. I'm using it as Science as well. (With lots of supplements for both History and Science.)

Chrysalis Academy's posts are so helpful!

• Like 1