4 replies to this topic

What's with the ads?

#1 carissaesparza5

carissaesparza5

Just Visiting

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 10:09 AM

I see some of the follow up ideas to pursue when finishing Getting Started with Spanish but does anyone have other ideas. I really just want a Getting Started With Spanish 2 but of course there isn't one. I have taught Henle Latin classically so this is so easy. Help!

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

#2 Juliegmom

Juliegmom

Hive Mind Level 2 Worker: Nurse Bee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 696 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 10:34 AM

This is my very tentative plan and hasn't been tested at all so take it with a grain of salt. My daughter is only in 7th grade, but I've been trying to map out what four years of Spanish MIGHT look like.

Spanish 1 - GTWS paired with Rosetta Stone
Spanish 2 - Life Pac Spanish 1
Spanish 3 - Life Pac Spanish 2
Spanish 4 - Maybe upper levels of Rosetta Stone

#3 Ottakee

Ottakee

Amateur Bee Keeper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10425 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 09:20 PM

I would love a getting started with Spanish 2. I am working in lesson 44 for myself and I love how it is presented and explained. That with Duolingo is giving me a tiny bit of skill.

How are the lifepacs? Is Rosetta Stone really good?

#4 Juliegmom

Juliegmom

Hive Mind Level 2 Worker: Nurse Bee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 696 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 01:57 AM

I haven't used Life Pacs yet, but it gets good reviews. This may be helpful.

http://forums.welltr...ifepacsopinions

I had two daughters who used Rosetta Stone, one used it for 3 years of high school Spanish through an online charter school and the other only used it for one year and then we switched to A beka Spanish because my daughter felt like she wasn't really learning. I used A Beka because a friend offered it to me. It was a good fit, but I had to place my daughter in their Spanish 1 book, because Spanish 2 would have been too big of a jump coming from Rosetta Stone which is a completely different method with no formal grammar. Even my oldest didn't care much for Rosetta Stone, but it got the job done. I wouldn't use it again by itself. If I use it again I will pair it with something that covers grammar.

#5 Slache

Slache

It's Latin to me!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21063 posts

Posted 08 August 2017 - 01:21 PM

I'm really enjoying Fluent Forever.