Menu

Rainbow Science by Beginnings Publishing

GAZ

Both my kids did it in middle school.  We only used Year 1.  

They wanted independent science and this is perfect for that.  I did feel it was light, so both kids did read Tiner books along with the program.  My ds did it in 6th grade and it was perfect.  My dd did it in 8th grade and she felt it wasn't enough.  I agree that it's fine for 6th/7th grader wanting to move to an independent course.  It will feel too light for an 8th grader, even with added reading.  It teaches the basic concepts, and the experiments are easy and fun to implement.  

I'm glad we used this course.  Again, I would say it's better suited for the younger middle schooler.   My DS decided to do Apologia Physical science in 8th(he did Rainbow in 6th and loved it so much he wanted another physical science year) and that course is much more reading, more labs, just overall MORE in comparison to Rainbow.  The reason I had my DD use Rainbow in 8th is b/c she had no interest in the subject, but ended up loving physics after doing Rainbow and is excited about high school physics.   Both enjoyed the program where we used it for them and ignited a love for science.