Menu

Getting ready for the Common App

Hilltopmom

Ds plans to apply EA, so I've been psyching myself up to get all his documents & info ready to upload shortly after it opens. (Well, after we learn to use it, that is)

Let's just say, it's TOO MUCH to try to write your counselor letter, homeschool profile, and course descriptions all in one day, even if you got a sitter for your little kids & left the house to work ;)

Half way through course descriptions my eyes hurt & my brain was mush!

Put the rest off for another day & will take a fresh look at my letter drafts tomorrow.

• Like 2

Oh my! Absolutely! It takes me weeks to get it all done. My counselor letters go through multiple drafts and it takes me a couple of weeks of mulling over them before I can get them to the point that I feel like I can hit submit.

This.  It was a full time job for a few weeks.  

I recall one of my favorite quotes from this board:  Being guidance counselor is NOT for the faint of heart.

• Like 2

This.  It was a full time job for a few weeks.  

I recall one of my favorite quotes from this board:  Being guidance counselor is NOT for the faint of heart.

Yep!  I think I get as stressed about hitting submit on my materials as the kids do on hitting submit on theirs!

Edited by 8FillTheHeart
  • Like 3

So, for those of you working on these for your seniors, do you have Course Descriptions for the classes that they are enrolled in for Fall Senior year or just everything through the end of Junior year?

[spent awhile writing/compiling 9th-10th grade course descriptions & throwing down drafts of 11th grade ones, but won't have them finalized until next summer. Wondering if I'll have to do a better job of writing/firming up 12th grade classes next summer.]

So, for those of you working on these for your seniors, do you have Course Descriptions for the classes that they are enrolled in for Fall Senior year or just everything through the end of Junior year?

[spent awhile writing/compiling 9th-10th grade course descriptions & throwing down drafts of 11th grade ones, but won't have them finalized until next summer. Wondering if I'll have to do a better job of writing/firming up 12th grade classes next summer.]

I'm adding them for Sr year, but it's easy, just cut & paste from CC website :)