What's with the ads?

#1 Anna

Anna

Hive Mind Level 6 Worker: Scout Bee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 01:08 PM

There is nobody here working through The Well-Educated Mind? I'm only seeing old dates posted from a year ago.

I'm an ex-homeschool mom, having taught both my girls from K-12. My youngest had several learning disabilities so I was busy pushing her through college til she graduated a few years ago. Now, they are both college graduates.

I have some "me time" so I thought I would work my way through TWEM. Guess I'm the only one here doing that?

#2 Carla

Carla

Hive Mind Worker Bee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 154 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 03:37 PM

I just started it myself this summer. I came here as well to see if anyone else was working through and considered posting as you did.

I am a few chapters in on Don Quixote and I am anticipating this endeavour to take me several years! I'm still schooling an 8 year old, an 11 year old, a 14 year old and a 16 year old. But I should be able to swing 30 minutes a day, right? :)

#3 Anna

Anna

Hive Mind Level 6 Worker: Scout Bee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 05:28 PM

Yes, it will probably take a while to get through TWEM while homeschooling your kids, but it is very doable even if you only have 30 minutes a day. Just stick to your plan. I work three days a week, have a couple of other hobbies besides reading and I volunteer, so I too will be limited to how much daily time I can devote to working through TWEM. I'm going to give it my best.

#4 Sandybethsocks

Sandybethsocks

Just Visiting

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 August 2017 - 02:12 AM

I am starting TWEM today and would love to discuss my progress. I live in England and home educated my son from age 10 to 18 years old.

#5 mumto2

mumto2

Hive Mind Empress Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6111 posts

Posted 01 August 2017 - 05:37 AM

I am starting TWEM today and would love to discuss my progress. I live in England and home educated my son from age 10 to 18 years old.

I am also in England. I am one of the regular participants on the Book a Week threads. A few people there are doing TWEM very very casually I think. You are very welcome to join us. We would be happy to support your efforts and you never know one or two of us might join you! We are an eclectic group reading everything from ancients to cozy mysteries, so truly something for everyone. Our current read along is War and Peace. http://forums.welltr...nturous-august/

Btw, we definitely do not expect a book a week. We started W and P mid June and are approaching the mid point as a group.

This invitation includes all not just the quoted poster! We love new members. :)
  • loesje22000 likes this