Menu

SparklyUnicorn...

Nemom

Normally, no. For some people it is though. With thrush, probably. Did they give you a paper with post-procedure info on it? When to call in or how to soothe pain or discomfort?

No thrush in my stomach.  And it's pretty much gone in my mouth at this point.  (2 rounds of treatment) 

They gave me a sheet, but it pretty much says call if I'm bleeding to death, but not much else.

Lot of pain in my abdominal area.  This morning it's mostly tolerable.  Last night was rough. 

My esophagus looks good.  My stomach, not so much, but everything is typical with GERD so I won't worry about anything else at the moment. 

• Like 1

No thrush in my stomach. And it's pretty much gone in my mouth at this point. (2 rounds of treatment)

They gave me a sheet, but it pretty much says call if I'm bleeding to death, but not much else.

Lot of pain in my abdominal area. This morning it's mostly tolerable. Last night was rough.

My esophagus looks good. My stomach, not so much, but everything is typical with GERD so I won't worry about anything else at the moment.

That might be from the biopsy. Did they see anything, hernia? Ulcers? Usually they come by to let you know this stuff when you're still half knocked out.

• Like 1

That might be from the biopsy. Did they see anything, hernia? Ulcers? Usually they come by to let you know this stuff when you're still half knocked out.

He did several biopsies.  Report says: erythematous mucosa in the antrum (biopsied), multiple gastric polyps (biopsied), gastric diverticulum, 2 cm hiatal hernia, mild Schatzki ring, normal upper third of esophagus (biopsied), Schatkis ring is patulous (was not dilated). 

He said the polyps were small and typical when on PPIs for a long time. 

Hmm. With the colonoscopy, I had no polyps and no pain afterward. A relative did have polyps and also had pain afterward. I wonder if that was coincidence, or if the presence of polyps is tied to having pain post endoscopy.

I've only ever had lining and villi biopsied, no polyps (yet) on the upper GI stuff.

I would call today, if anything to see what you can take for pain or should avoid. They'll probably tell you it's normal, but might have some suggestions. Better to find out now than wait until the weekend when the office is closed.

If they detect polyps, don't they remove them via the scope? There would be pain from excising the polyps.

Hope you feel better soon, Sparkly! Certainly call your doc for any questions about pain level.

He said they were small.  From what I read they are typical for long term PPI use and they just leave them alone.

I called a nurse line and they said what I describe sounds normal.  Would have been nice of them to tell me this at discharge.  I don't think there is anything they can do so I'll just give it some more time.

• Like 3

I had a rough morning.  I think very bad gas pains (sorry TMI).  So I tried some various exercises and it helped.  I'm feeling ok at the moment.

Dunno why I'm having so much pain after this or if it is related or what.  I was doing quite well for awhile and so it feels to me like it's related to the scope.