Menu

Anyone using Google Classroom for homeschool?

fairfarmhand

I've been using it for my homeschool drama group and I must say, that I do like it.

I'm going to use it for at least one of my middle schoolers classes, maybe more.

I like the fact that I can check her work from my phone. And I'm adding the quizzes and daily work with Google forms, so there won't be any notebooks to keep up with.

"Where's your vocabulary folder?"

"Uhhh....I can't find it."

This kid is horrible about keeping her school materials all together, so maybe it'll help.

She has an iPad, so she'll use that to do the work.

I use Google Classroom for my classes at the high school where I teach. It's a great way to be able to share all of my powerpoints and assignments with my students.

However, I teach at a Title I school. While most of my students do have smartphones, most of them do NOT have data. They rely on wifi. This means that they have internet access only while at school, NOT while at home. And since it's only "most" of my students who have phones, that means that some do not have a device.

My school doesn't have computers or tablets for all students. The science department has 4 laptop carts, but that's to share among 14 teachers, so we have to take turns with the carts and reserve them on the calendar. 

Google classroom would be a lot easier to use if all the students had access to a computing device in class, but that just isn't going to happen in my district.

I use Google Classroom for my classes at the high school where I teach. It's a great way to be able to share all of my powerpoints and assignments with my students.

However, I teach at a Title I school. While most of my students do have smartphones, most of them do NOT have data. They rely on wifi. This means that they have internet access only while at school, NOT while at home. And since it's only "most" of my students who have phones, that means that some do not have a device.

My school doesn't have computers or tablets for all students. The science department has 4 laptop carts, but that's to share among 14 teachers, so we have to take turns with the carts and reserve them on the calendar.

Google classroom would be a lot easier to use if all the students had access to a computing device in class, but that just isn't going to happen in my district.

And even those who have devices do not always have internet at home -- that fact always gets to me.