Menu

I had a job interview today. UPDATE - Got it!!

StaceyinLA

I haven't really been looking for a job, but I've been thinking I might enjoy working part-time. I figured I'd likely not find anything that would meet my criteria (work 15ish hours/week give or take, flexible hours, decent hourly pay - basically allow me to still do the things I do to help my daughters with home schooling the grandkids some during the week, babysitting when they need to run errands, etc., but also give me something I could enjoy doing outside of that).

Well I interviewed today for a job that is about perfect; 10-15 hours/week doing a nice variety of things (which I love because I won't get bored) working for a photographer who also has a grass-fed beef business. Mainly it's office support work, some bookkeeping, etc., along with a little upsales on photo packages and stuff like that (where I'd earn a percentage in addition to the hourly pay).

It's exactly what I'm looking for and would allow me to earn some extra money for things I don't like taking out of our budget (travel, buying things for the grandkids, etc.).

It's down to me and one other person. I'd appreciate some prayers and positive vibes. This would be perfect!

Edited by StaceyinLA
  • Like 15

I'm SO excited! The studio owner told me she'd make a decision by the end of the week, and she called me this afternoon telling me they really wanted me. I start Thursday. It's only a few hours a couple afternoons a week til I get back from Seattle, and then it'll be 5-6 hours 2-3 days/week depending on the season.

I'm pretty pumped. I never thought I'd find exactly what I was looking for in terms of hours and flexibility (especially not something where I'd actually enjoy the work!) ;-p

Edited by StaceyinLA
  • Like 26