Menu

Dry Erase Wallpaper, Paint, or Magnetic Sheets

I was wondering if anyone has tried the dry erase wallpaper, dry erase paint, or dry erase sheets?

I am looking to build a new homeschool table and thinking of making the table a dry erase board. Wondering if any of these products actually work? 

I also want to turn one wall into dry erase wall; preferably magnetic, so we can hang posters and student work.

Ideas? Experience with these products?

I ordered a glass top from a local glass shop to put over our white table (not exactly what you were asking about). It's been brilliant as a white board. 

We have a glass top table that my DH got before he even met me.  I used to dislike it (I'm a wood table person), but since having kids, it is a LIFE SAVER!  So easy to clean thoroughly, no issues with spills... and yes, we use it for dry-erase all the time!  Our table's glass has a slightly greenish tint, so the markers show up well without needing any background surface.  We have also been known to dry erase directly onto our large sliding glass door and windows.  

We do have a dry erase board which I tend to use to give a lesson, but when I have multiple kids doing multiple things, it's easier to just scribble something out directly on the table most of the time.  

• Like 2

We haven't had a problem with any color leaving a ghost print behind on glass (or mirror, which we also use).  But we do have that problem with our traditional white board when it comes to red (almost always) and black (if left on more than a day). I've noticed that the cheaper the quality of the whiteboard, the worse this is. So based on that I'd personally expect a dry-erase wallpaper paint or magnetic sheet to have a minor issue with this.

My experience is with wet erase reds and blacks, not dry erase. I don't know if that makes any difference.