Menu

The I Need Coffee (or Tea)! Teachers Lounge 7-24-2017

scrapbookbuzz

Hello, all! And welcome to the Lounge!

It was a full and interesting at church camp and I'm glad to be back!

Today's theme stems from the fact that I'm still recovering from last week (not nearly enough sleep) and

I have A LOT to accomplish this week! The Awards and Thank You Celebration for swim team is Thursday 

and I need to finish all that up. Plus figure out any schooling that needs to be done this week AND figure out

when we're going to go back to a FULL school schedule. Oi!

What do YOU need to help you today? Here: coffee, probably some tea later, as well as my vitamins. And clarity

on what my priorities should be this week! Oh, and I desperately need to do laundry, plan some meals, and do some

grocery shopping.

If you don't school year round and/or haven't started back to school yet, when is your start date? Here: we've been doing

a light load through the summer. I wanted to start my daughter on Greek next week but not sure that's going to happen.

I also want to take her to the local community college for entrance exams. Too many things to plan! Maybe I should wait 

until I've had some coffee this morning before I really try to think it through!

Who has scored some really good deals on school supplies so far? Here: we did buy some spiral-bound notebooks at

WalMart yesterday for $.25/ea. Not nearly the great deal they have been before! I think last year they were $.17 or $.19/ea.

I also bought two Pink Pearl erasers for $.48 and some ruled index cards (don't remember how much they were). I haven't 

seen any killer deals this year like I have in the past.

Talk to me! :bigear: 

• Like 2

19 people have peeked in the door of the Lounge so far this morning but no one has come in.

It's really okay to come in and visit, folks! We don't bite! We'd love to have you hang out with us and 

chat a bit! We might even have refreshments. In fact, we SHOULD! 

At the moment, I have some bottles of the Starbucks mocha Frappuccinos in the fridge. There are also

some Sargento Balanced Breaks in there. After I run to the grocery store a little later, we'll have some fresh fruit, too!

• Like 2

I peeked in but I was busy at the time. :seeya:

Today I had two cups of coffee and it's not quite enough. Dreary rain will do that to me, I guess.  It's so hard to get motivated!  However, grocery shopping and laundry are done, along with various other small tasks.

We start Labor Day weekend.  I just sent in my LOI, which was a little confusing. The website wants a letter, the directions want an educational plan, so I did a brief LOI, attached it to the other and our resource list.  Covered all bases, I think!

My best deal on school supplies so far has been free.  I unboxed the teen's room, which yielded a wealth of mechanical pencils, blank flash cards, binders, pink pearl erasers (still unopened), art supplies (unopened), and paper.  :glare: Not what I expected to find, but hey, I'll take it!

• Like 3

What do YOU need to help you today?

Coffee by the jug. I poured coffee into my Kleen Kanteen but left it at home. I'm using the light rail's free wifi now on the way home. Just drop my kids off to camp.

If you don't school year round and/or haven't started back to school yet, when is your start date?

We school year round but ramp up after August 15th.

Who has scored some really good deals on school supplies so far?

I'm still using up excess school supplies from when my oldest was in public school kindergarten. My husband overbought the penny deals. :lol:

Edited by Arcadia
  • Like 3

Today I need massive amounts of coffee and patience!! My 4 year old has been quite difficult recently. full on meltdowns and essentially holding the family hostage with his emotions. It is incredibly hard to handle and sometimes I fail. Today will not be a failure.

We were planning on starting school today but ds's outburst have really hampered any amount of a normal life here so everything is on hold until we find a way to help him. We dealt with this when my 7 year old was 4 and 5 so we know what to do mostly. It is just a long process.

As far as school supplies goes I got a bunch of composition notebooks that are half lined half blank per page for $1 each at Staples. Also picked up 1 subject notebooks for 25 cents. We got other thing like crayons, pencils, and such but don't really remember the price.

• Like 2

Welcome back, scrap! I love my home-brewed latte in the mornings. This morning I was up early so I could get to yoga class. It was the super-long stretches class today. We held some poses for 3 and 5 minutes. I think 2 min is my body's max. ;)  It's painful getting out of the pose after that long, actually. I'm not 100% sure I really like this class. I think I prefer the classes that focus on strength.  I do love the names of some of the poses, though. Happy Baby just makes me smile imagining babies grabbing their feet, and doing it is pretty fun.  :laugh:

It's nearly half way through our summer vacation. We'll start back Sept. 5th. I don't have much planning or prep to do, as I'm outsourcing a lot of classes this fall. I'll be picking up school supplies soon, though. 

Edited by wintermom
  • Like 3

I'm back from the store. That was a painful process, literally. The cramping in my legs would just NOT let up.

Now, I'm home, sitting in my comfy office chair and just might not move! Unless I can take a nap on dd's bed!

The GOOD news is that we now have snacks in the Lounge: an Amy's gluten-free pizza is in the toaster oven right now

(no corn or sugar in there, either!  :hurray: ), plus we have some sweet red cherries, blueberries, bananas, Sargento Balanced Breaks,

Boar's Head Smokemaster Ham, Boar's Head Smoked Gouda, a couple varieties of Sargento sliced cheeses, sour cream, Boulder Canyon

Avocado Oil Sea Salt chips, to name a few things!  :drool5:  Help yourself!

Later I will be making a tea blend that helps with anxiety AND pain. If you'd like some, let me know and I'll brew a large batch!

• Like 3

Welcome home!

What I need: I need a little more time.  The day is getting away from me.  I have way too much to do!

Start Date: August 29th

School Supplies: I haven't even started shopping for them yet!  We've still got a little over a month to go so I haven't thought about it.

• Like 1

Welcome back! 

Today I mostly needed my reflux medicine because I've been having a few issues. I take Pepcid AC as needed.

We start school a week from today, 7/31. Two of his subjects with co-op won't start until two weeks later.

I haven't bought any supplies for us personally, but I bought 8 reems of copy paper for co-op for $24, and it was shipped free to my house. I hope that's a good deal! 

• Like 2

Scrap, if you are struggling with anxiety AND cramps, I would seriously wonder if you have a magnesium deficiency.  I recommend CALM (a citrusy magnesium powder that can be mixed into hot or cold water) or their Cal-Mag powder - both by Natural Vitality. 

Thanks, Jean! I just ordered some free samples! I'll also be looking for it at a local retailer.

Now, I think I'll go take a nap!

• Like 2

Java java java java java java java java java java ....... never enough java for day like today.

4H fair week. Sigh....the annual parents and fair board members use and abuse club leaders. The time of year every year when we come together and consider quitting enough masse. And then we think about the kids and don't.

We only take July off. Since we volunteered at the fairgrounds with a fundraiser, we did not start up today but since my rising senior is anxious to begin and finish early, we have art appreciation, French, chemistry, and a quick math review on deck tomorrow. Will begin calc 1 on Wednesday along with American government, English and literature. His DE class does not start until after Labor Day and the high school level engineering class we are teaching does not begin until then as well.

Edited by FaithManor
  • Like 1

This morning I definitely needed coffee and then cokes. I have been limiting my cokes but today I needed them.

I needed to do laundry and general cleaning but I spent the day with family that is in town visiting. The mess is still waiting on me but enjoyed family time.

School start date is day after Labor Day.

Haven't even looked at school supplies. I am in denial. Lol

• Like 2

Welcome home, Scrap!

I am late today! More time, that's what I needed. And more energy!

School - July 31. We've been off since May 11 and have accomplished less academic work this summer than I'd planned. We are all ready for some real structure back in our days.

Waiting for tax free weekend, August 4-6, for supply purchases. I did buy a binder for me at Office Max a couple weeks ago. Not a deal, just pretty. I ordered ink catrridges on Amazon yesterday. Also not a deal, I just need that ink gor my printer.

• Like 1