Menu

Outfit advice, please. I'm trying not to panic or over think this!

three4me

I'm casual. Yoga pants, shorts, t shirts. Often nice jeans for church, or one of the maxi skirts I don't really like. We're going to be attending a baptism and since we're the godparents I feel like I really should look more put together. What on earth should I be looking for that I can get by next weekend? I'm roughly in an XL so, yeah.

Thanks!

A nice casual skirt with a summer blouse or nice flowy sundress with a cardigan/wrap/shrug of some sort. There are probably lots on sale right now. If you google "sundress with shrug" on google images you'll get the idea. Cute, casual, but dressy enough for a baptism.

Edited by fraidycat
  • Like 1

If you don't wear dresses, I also think you could wear a pair of dress pants and a nicer shirt, paired with some sandals. I'd suggest black or gray pants, because they go with everything in all seasons. For summer, wear a bright or light shirt. If you ever have a winter occasion, you can wear the pants with a sweater or jacket.

I don't think you will regret having a nice outfit in your wardrobe. At one point, I had outgrown my nicer clothes, and because I had little ones, I didn't ever take the time to go shopping. Then my grandmother died, and I had to go clothes shopping while grieving, which was horrible. I realized it was always good to have a decent outfit to wear on short notice.

Check at Kohls or Macys. They both have clothes in XL sizes.

• Like 4