Menu

Figuring Out Due Date

Elizabeth86

My drs office usually assigns your due date assuming a 28 day cycle, I always try to figure it out more accurately. So, the first day of my last period was June 13th. This was my fiŕst cycle because dd is breastfeeding, so I have no idea how long an average cycle is for me right now, Im assuming quite long. Anyway, I tested on July 18th and the test was negative. I tested again on July 22nd and it was a faint positive, so I assume implantation happened between 19th and 22nd. How fo I get my due date knowing roughly when baby implanted. Yeah, I know I'M crazy, but I like to know.

Google to find a pregnancy date calculator that will do either from LMP or from ovulation.  Then just take what you think is your implantation date and back up about 5-7 days to find ovulation.  

Anecdotally, I have gotten faint positives as early as 8 days after ovulation, but it is often closer to 10 days after ovulation for most.  

Also anecdotally, but once my period came back after BFing, it was regular form the first cycle, even though I was still BFing.  

It takes a couple days to test positive after implantation because the hormones have to build up in your body.

I would take the July 22 date, and subtract 4 weeks, and then calculate that date as the lmp. Or just start with July 22, and count 36 weeks. It's a little off that way, but not by much.

I have long cycles and remember having to fight about it with my first, so I just told them my own "adjusted" lmp with my next ones. With my last two, I found that they don't really care anymore, and put much more weight on the early ultrasound.