Menu

Cover Story Question

erinallport

Anyone who has used the Cover Story middle school writing curriculum...

Do you think it would be possible to do a focused 3 month block and complete the program?  If we do the lessons every day?  Other than the writing in the journal, is there anything else that happens outside of each daily lesson?  Do lessons often spill over into multiple days?

Thanks!

What grade is the kiddo? I'd only attempt it with a strong writer in 7th-8th who *enjoys* writing, and also specifically enjoys creative writing. And if I already owned the whole program 'cause that's a big price tag for three months.

Fwiw we did journal every day and the three weekly lessons on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. The larger writing assignments always hit on that third day and those projects needed the extra days. Not every third day has a larger assignment due; that's just where they land when they are assigned.

The journal was super fun for them.. at first. As they went along it became more challenging and stretched them in a good way. When they finished it they had so much pride in that journal. I wouldn't drop it or condense it too much.

OK Thanks!  That's GREAT to know!

My daughter is actually in 8th grade, LOVES writing - wants to be a writer, and we do own it LOL :)  Just never seem to have time to fit this one into everything else I hope to have them do before high school.  But we will definitely fit it in, and will not condense it then. Thanks!