Menu

Could you recommend a good Paleo cookbook?

Greta

For a lazy cook? :lol:

I'm a competent cook, but not a great one. I prefer easy-to-prepare meals.

And I would prefer foods that are just naturally Paleo, not a big emphasis on substitutions (like Paleo cupcakes and such), though I suspect most cookbooks will have at least some of that kind of thing, and that's fine.

I have the Whole30 cookbook and I like it. I have one called Paleo Comfort Foods, but it's not really my style. I briefly owned one called Make It Paleo and I think it was pretty good. But a friend borrowed it and I never got it back, and I hadn't had a chance to try many of the recipes. I'd buy it again if it fits the bill.

Thanks for any suggestions!

I like Mel Joulwan (Well Fed, Well Fed 2) and Michelle Tam (Nom Nom Paleo), whose emphasis imo is tastier food versus going on about the health benefits. I have made recipes from both of their websites to good effect, so you can see from there if you like their styles. Disclosure - I don't own their books yet, but I have Well Fed 2 out from the library now, and am trying some recipes from that. Don't forget to check out what's available at your local library for more choices.

• Like 5

I like Mel Joulwan (Well Fed, Well Fed 2) and Michelle Tam (Nom Nom Paleo), whose emphasis imo is tastier food versus going on about the health benefits. I have made recipes from both of their websites to good effect, so you can see from there if you like their styles. Disclosure - I don't own their books yet, but I have Well Fed 2 out from the library now, and am trying some recipes from that. Don't forget to check out what's available at your local library for more choices.

Thanks, I will check into those! I love my public library, but for some reason I didn't think about it for cookbooks. Great suggestion.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE nomnompaleo's recipes but her cookbook is not my favorite because of the layout.

Mostly I take recipes and make them paleo or pick things naturally that way and personally I find my Next Best Recipe good for that as it has almost everything. That and I keep food simple. 

I do eat beans and my family has grains- I eat some grains on occasion but not regularly.

• Like 1

The WellFed gal also has a cookbook with substantially easier recioes: WellFed Weeknights. SHE can make all the recipes in that book in 45 minutes or less. Some take me a little longer, but the idea is sound. And the food is good.

• Like 1

I recommend the Well-Fed books along with the Paleo option from eMeals ( a weekly subscription of menus for the week delivered straight to 

your Inbox). Both have helped me a great deal! Also, if you're just starting out on Paleo, I heard a naturopathic doctor say she aimed for 

eating 85% Paleo with 15% your choice. Meaning, if you eat 3 meals/ day = 21 meals, then make 18 of those meals Paleo, and 3 of them whatever

you want.

• Like 1

I recommend the Well-Fed books along with the Paleo option from eMeals ( a weekly subscription of menus for the week delivered straight to

your Inbox). Both have helped me a great deal! Also, if you're just starting out on Paleo, I heard a naturopathic doctor say she aimed for

eating 85% Paleo with 15% your choice. Meaning, if you eat 3 meals/ day = 21 meals, then make 18 of those meals Paleo, and 3 of them whatever

you want.

Ooh, that's an interesting idea! I don't mind cooking, but I do get really tired of meal planning. That sounds fun! Are their paleo meals more toward the "easy" end of the spectrum or more "advanced"?