Menu

Teaching a child to juggle

Any resources that you might suggest. I can basically juggle three balls. And I was going to try and teach my kids. But I wondered if anyone has any suggestions or resources such as books, videos, etc. thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know of resources but I just wanted to say that is really neat! :)

My oldest went to a private school when he was little and their PE teacher was a retired circus performer. They learned many circus arts and my son still thinks of it fondly.

Edited by nixpix5
  • Like 1

Me too! I can do 3 balls in two different patterns, and 4 balls at once as well.

In this day and age, I'd probably just youtube it, but the old Klutz book really is a gem.

It really is! I still remember the first step: throw all the balls up in the air and don't try to catch any. Congratulations, you've mastered the Drop!

• Like 3

I hung out with the juggling club in college :laugh: They had some soft balls with a slight weight to them. They would have you sit on the floor and begin with two. You never added the third til you got the hang of two. I never got really good, but I could juggle three. Meanwhile they were awesome and throwing fake bowling pins across the room. One of my friends took out his juggling set at work and juggled for tips before LOL

• Like 1

They looked similar to these: https://www.walmart.com/ip/Duncan-Toys-Juggling-Balls-Multicolor/26676735?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=0&adid=22222222227018919536&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=c&wl3=40945671272&wl4=pla-78887485832&wl5=9058374&wl6=&wl7=&wl8=&wl9=pla&wl10=8175035&wl11=online&wl12=26676735&wl13=&veh=sem

But I cannot tell if these have any weight to them.

When I said throwing pins across the room I mean two people juggling to each other, sometimes with a person standing between them that they juggled around.

• Like 1

What age? Younger than 6-7 will be tough. Some kids just never get into juggling. My DD has been attending circus classes for nearly 6 years and still really can't juggle! She's tried diablo, scarves, poi, spinning plates, flower sticks, hoop, unicycling.. we have it all but she's definitely never caught the flow toy bug!

She is an advanced aerialist and stilter, though! 

Here's a way to earn some juggling badges and a great resource for tips, etc.: http://www.juggle.org/programs/youth-juggling-academy/

• Like 1