Menu

Who's going to tackle Saturday with me?

Jean in Newcastle

Good morning. Have been up since 5 with heavy lightning/thunder and a panting dog in my bed.  We have a doubleheader baseball tournament game today and the time keeps getting pushed back due to weather.  This is one of those days when I just want to lay in bed and read all day.

-coffee

-workout (weights)

-shower

-two baseball games (currently at 3:30 and 6:30) - POSTPONED UNTIL TOMORROW (which is my birthday....not how I wanted to spend my birthday)

-dinner

-read

Edited by Pink and Green Mom
  • Like 4

Mop older tile (main traffic zones) downstairs -- check (last area is drying now)

Um, look around for what next-- oh yeah, clean the upstairs bathrooms (already did the half bath downstairs).  Guess I'll go do that now.  All bathrooms now clean -- check.

ETA: Kids' bathroom upstairs now clean to the floor.  Stopped for poached eggs, because I realized I needed some protein before cleaning the master bath. -- check

Must also dust base of stair banisters in prep for vacuuming the steps. -- check

Once banisters are dusted and all bathrooms have been cleaned I'll run a load of cleaning rags, then look for what next. -- check

ETA: additional bonus: my poached egg bowl and spoon JUST fit in the dishwasher with the rest of the dirty dishes, so those are all running now with no dishwasherable dishes waiting for later. -- check

On the list for sometime this weekend (cuz there's other stuff, too, but this stuff should get done):

• wash all pots, pans, knives, water bottles and get them dry so they can be put away
  • wipe down large kitchen appliances, cabinet fronts, stove top, and stove hood
  • meal plan for the weekend: eat stuff up.  Don't buy more this weekend. -- in progress (be careful of food combinations.  Some mixes upset stomachs.)
  • Scoop the cat box.  Do I need to buy more litter?
  • round up ALL trash Sunday evening and get it into the bin to roll to the curb Monday morning.
  • Sunday and Monday are bedding laundry -- wash all bedding, remake beds.
  • wash towels and clothing and get them put away. -- in progress
  • move misc. boxes out of the way -- to spare bedroom.  They can be tackled in August. -- moved a bunch (stairs are clear and most of the entryway)
  • Vacuum couch again.  Find portal to alternate dimension that keeps sending stuff to my couch and SHUT IT DOWN. -- portal is elusive

DH has taken over the bedroom working on his stuff so some of what I was going to do has to wait.  That's okay -- I'm bushed.

Oh, look, a downpour!  Does kittie-wookums need to be let back inside?  Yes, despite wanting out just two minutes ago, while thunder was announcing its intentions.  Time to let the cat in.  Again.

Edited by AMJ
  • Like 4

Good morning!

More severe weather last night - we had massive thunderstorms and got 9" of rain in just a few hours. There was major flood damage throughout our county and many roads that are impassable. I am hoping there were no fatalities. Last time this happened, several people were trapped in their cars and died.  :(

This is the third time in the past ten years that we've had a monster rainstorm in July. The first time it happened, meteorologists called it a "hundred year storm" and said nothing like that would happen again in our lifetimes. Now, it's happened two more times since then.

•repair storm damage in horse paddocks (dh and ds18 already went out w/ skid loader and filled in the 12" deep ruts caused by the rain)

•spray horses with Frontline

•food prep (salad, hard boiled eggs)

•maybe order dog food (need to check how much is left)

•work on menu planning

•read

•work on training puppies

•dinner: crab soup, bread, salad

• Like 4

Good morning!

More severe weather last night - we had massive thunderstorms and got 9" of rain in just a few hours. There was major flood damage throughout our county and many roads that are impassable. I am hoping there were no fatalities. Last time this happened, several people were trapped in their cars and died.  :(

This is the third time in the past ten years that we've had a monster rainstorm in July. The first time it happened, meteorologists called it a "hundred year storm" and said nothing like that would happen again in our lifetimes. Now, it's happened two more times since then.

•repair storm damage in horse paddocks (dh and ds18 already went out w/ skid loader and filled in the 12" deep ruts caused by the rain)

•spray horses with Frontline

•food prep (salad, hard boiled eggs)

•maybe order dog food (need to check how much is left)

•work on menu planning

•read

•work on training puppies

•dinner: crab soup, bread, salad

Good list, hence the like.   :grouphug:  :grouphug:  for the severe weather and its effects.

• Like 2

I'm done with lesson 9!!!! :party: now I have to start assembling craft and activity materials

Hooray!!!   :hurray:  :hurray:  :hurray:  :hurray:  :hurray:  :hurray:  :hurray: 

Great work, Jean!

How long do you have til camp?

Edited by ScoutTN
  • Like 1