Menu

naegleria fowleri(brain eating ameba)

Hey Guys,

I just joined and it's a good thing I found this board as maybe someone can just clarify something for me. I don't know if this is the right place though

Here is the situation

I have noticed some different behavior than normal from my significant other. I have noticed this from the messages that she sends me. I know she had a headache I believe 3 days ago but those will happen from time to time for everyone. She got a fever as well maybe 2 days ago. The temperature was 101. I guess my first question is when someone does get this disease, how high is the fever usually? 

To continue, when I ask a question or something, I have noticed she sends me the same answer twice just I guess different words. Is that a sign of confusion? Confusion is one of the symptoms of this disease. She didn't really do this before from what I noticed. 

With all this known, do you believe she has this disease or might be in the process of getting it, or am I just going crazy?

I am going to be honest, I am scared and worried. 

There hasn't been any of the other symptoms from what I know like vomiting, stiff neck, loss of taste or small, or any other symptom. BTW, she lives in a different country so its not like I am physically around her or anything. 

Thank you:)

Edited by mikebel111