Menu

Fight against a depressing board today.....funny texts

Tap

Hm..does not work for me for some reason.  I could use something funny!

Hmmm, link takes me directly to main page of website. If anyone else has issues let me know and I will repost.  You can get there by spelling the name of the website correctly, no spaces, with .com (I put in numbers to reduce people coming her if they are looking for the website)

No! I am not Prince Hamlet, nor was meant to be;

Am an attendant lord, one that will do

To swell a progress, start a scene or two,

Advise the prince; no doubt, an easy tool,

Deferential, glad to be of use,

Politic, cautious, and meticulous;

Full of high sentence, but a bit obtuse;

At times, indeed, almost ridiculous—

Almost, at times, the Fool.

But since you asked, the funniest text story I can come up with off the top of my head was when exy and I were having some serious discussion about our not-exactly-low-maintenence adult kids that we have in common and he was on a smartphone and I was on a dumb phone and the discussion was getting fairly heated. I was trying very hard to express what I meant within the limitations of what my hardware could do. After hitting "send" I just looked at what I had said to exy in horror and collapsed into a puddle of tears.

I apologized profusely and explained that it wasn't what I meant to say at ALL and that I knew how wrong it was to say it in that particular way but I was just overwhelmed and confused and couldn't think of any way to say what I had to say but that one. I didn't even see how horrible I had been until it was too late. It was entirely my fault and he was completely justified in....

I don't know what exy was doing, but he rushed right over, knocked on my door, said he didn't know WHAT I was talking about and he wasn't upset with me at all, just confused, because he is a musician, not a writer, so it was all good.

We're fine. He doesn't even know what I did but you would and I'm almost ashamed to admit what I was but this story wouldn't even be funny if I didn't.

I used html tags and a semicolon in the same sentence. Not because the html tags would actually display, but because I didn't know any other way to accurately describe my feewings at the moment. Then, since my dumb phone doesn't have a qwerty keyboard, I must have forgotten by the time I got to a different part of the sentence where I used a semicolon because I didn't know any other way to accurately describe my feewings at THAT moment. I know how wrong that was of me and I am so, so, so sorry and I will never, ever, ever, ever, ever do anything that double plus ungood again, cross my heart and hope to die, stick a needle in my eye, if I should even dare to lie.....

Edited by Guest

Another thing I thought you might think was funny is that I don't give my dumb phone number out to very many people, so the few folks I actually DO text with (mostly family members) are perfectly capable of understanding such gibberish as "I foot think if meant it that way at all" and that wasn't the first or the last time I sent a text without making sure it said what I meant it to.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

ftr, I already know I can compose texts on the keyboard of my laptop in my email program, send them to myself, click on "forward", delete the ads my service provider tacks on automatically, and send THAT instead of "I foot think if...", so no worries and no tutorials necessary, I just thought it might be funny to not-family.

Edited by Guest

Terrible insomnia here (it's 3.30am here) and I'm trying to laugh myself to sleep . . .

http://www.sunnyskyz.com/blog/2203/15-Pictures-That-You-Can-t-Look-At-Without-Laughing

OMG.  LOLOLOLOL

I accidentally took a drink of my beer while reading those..  I couldn't swallow I was laughing so hard and trying to not spit beer on my laptop!. LO

• Like 1

OMG. LOLOLOLOL

I accidentally took a drink of my beer while reading those.. I couldn't swallow I was laughing so hard and trying to not spit beer on my laptop!. LO

The first one or two were good, but not great.

Okay, by the end I'm crying I'm laughing so hard.