Menu

Anyone tried bitsbox?

Runningmom80

I did and it's pretty great. My DS is proficient on my iPad but not on my laptop, mostly because we never use it for anything really other than backing up pictures, so he doesn't have any experience with real typing. Bitsbox is great typing practice because you have to copy exactly what the code is on a real keyboard. There are some that have some fun changes for creativity and coding practice. You get a lot of material in each box that would take a long time to complete. Try a short subscription, like 3 months, because that might be more than enough material for a long time. I got it free through our virtual charter and didn't renew it because we have so much material to go through that we don't need anymore. I'm sure it would be used more if it could be done on an iPad or if we had a cheaper laptop I'd feel more comfortable letting DS use unsupervised.

• Like 1

I did and it's pretty great. My DS is proficient on my iPad but not on my laptop, mostly because we never use it for anything really other than backing up pictures, so he doesn't have any experience with real typing. Bitsbox is great typing practice because you have to copy exactly what the code is on a real keyboard. There are some that have some fun changes for creativity and coding practice. You get a lot of material in each box that would take a long time to complete. Try a short subscription, like 3 months, because that might be more than enough material for a long time. I got it free through our virtual charter and didn't renew it because we have so much material to go through that we don't need anymore. I'm sure it would be used more if it could be done on an iPad or if we had a cheaper laptop I'd feel more comfortable letting DS use unsupervised.

Thank you!  Sounds awesome.

Yes, we had Bitsbox for 3 months & have yet to exhaust the materials sent. What I like about this start-up company is that they respond quickly to e-mails. I appreciate the customer service & their pledge to continue to do so in the future, should I have questions about past subscription boxes. For the low price, I believe it's a worthwhile investment.