Menu

Potter's school vs blue tent for english?

My experience with TPS English is in 6-8th grades. It was rigorous, but taught very formulaic writing. The religious content was not a good fit for our family. Very glad to read the positive review above of Blue Tent Honors 2. That's very much on our radar for the future.

• Like 1

My daughter just took blue tent's honors English 2 for her sophomore year and I can't say enough positive things about the class. She loved the class and learned so much. It was rigorous but not overkill or busy work. Two gigantic thumbs up!!

My experience with TPS English is in 6-8th grades. It was rigorous, but taught very formulaic writing. The religious content was not a good fit for our family. Very glad to read the positive review above of Blue Tent Honors 2. That's very much on our radar for the future.

He's 16 so I decided to pass the decision on to him.  I printed off the course descriptions and syllabus for both and he chose Blue Tent.  He said it just looks better for him and that it seems well rounded.  So, there you go.  Thank for your thoughts!

Edited by Attolia
  • Like 2

Glad he made the decision.

Just a note that Blue Tent doesn't have a 'live' component, so that would make a big difference for my prefers-live-interaction child.

I'm beginning to think the same about DD, but I wouldn't have known that unless we had a class like Bravewriter. She is less engaged than with Lange. She doesn't seem very motivated to read the morning messages unless I print them out, but I stopped doing that after one message. Anyway, she says she likes it, but it's not the same level of eagerness to be part of the class as with Lange's. The level of feedback with BW is great however.

• Like 1