Menu

s/o Dreams

Twolittleboys

This is kind of a spin off from the other thread but doesn't necessary relate to the transgender issue at all. It just made me think of something that I have been wondering about.

For those of you who remember their dreams (frequently/sometimes/whatever):

Are you generally/always/sometimes/never in the dream (i.e. a participant) or is it more like watching a movie?

Are you generally/always/sometimes/whatever aware that you are dreaming?

If you are in the dream, are you yourself? If not, are you generally the same gender as in real life? Are you even a person?

This is just something I have been wondering about - there is no deeper issue or intended purpose for this question.

I am generally in the dream.  Not sure, but I think I'm generally my real-life gender - when gender is at all relevant.  As in real life, I'm not always aware of what my physical self looks like.

When I'm awake for that matter, I'm usually not thinking in terms of my gender; I'm thinking about how to get my work done or whatever.  I assume that if I were a biological male I'd feel the same way about most things.

I have very vivid dreams that I often remember. I'm always myself as I am in life. Just with a different life.

Oh that's interesting. I've never thought about that... I'm always in my own dream. It's never like polar bears swimming on Neptune or something. I'm front and center to me 😊

Im always surprised at who thinks dreams have any kind of significance at all and those who don't.

I very rarely remember my dreams but the ones I can recall, I'm always in the dream and I'm always me. I have had people in my dream look like someone totally different but be the same person I know (like my mom might look totally different but in my dream it makes complete sense). I very rarely think that I'm dreaming... even when it's such nonsense, it always seems to make sense while I'm dreaming-- it only sounds absurd when I'm awake and trying to explain it.

That's interesting. Sounds like most of you are themselves in their dreams.

I am actually not always in my dreams. Quite often it is like reading a book or watching a movie with different actors etc. and I am aware of that (so I might think: I hope I don't wake up yet or I won't see the end). It is pretty much like watching TV.

I think most of the time I am myself but not always. There have been quite a number of times in which I am male in my dreams. The dreams aren't about gender though and it isn't a big issue. Personality wise I am still me but maybe I am the king of Spain or a pirate or whatever.

My kids are hardly ever in my dreams which I find a bit concerning. Nightmares usually involve being late for a train/plane and having to pack a ridiculous amount of stuff into suitcases or not finding passports etc. Or having to find my way quickly through large buildings with all the elevators getting stuck, escalators going the wrong way etc. Looking at it like this, it sounds pretty telling...