What's with the ads?

#1 luuknam

luuknam

From The Neverlands

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7798 posts

Posted 18 July 2017 - 10:59 AM

We haven't started yet - figured I'd just create a place holder. Link to last year's thread:

http://forums.welltr...p-wr-2016-2017/

#2 AmandaVT

AmandaVT

Empress Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2732 posts

Posted 01 September 2017 - 03:15 PM

Because of your thread from last year, I bought Fable to do with DS this year! We started today. :-) 

• luuknam likes this

#3 AmandaVT

AmandaVT

Empress Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2732 posts

Posted 28 September 2017 - 12:53 PM

DS is loving Fable so far. He wrote his first re-creation fable today. The assignment was to re-write the Lion and the Mouse with the Mouse as the big animal. 

"The Mouse and the Snail

A small mouse lay on the soft green grass, sound asleep. A tiny snail came up to the mouse and accidentally slimed on her tail! The mouse woke up and found that the snail was hiding in its shell. The mouse peeked into the snail’s shell with her eye and said, “Hello. Is anybody home?”

The snail replied, “No.”

The mouse said, “I think I could use your shell as a decoration in my log house. Get out and I want to pick it up.” 

The snail yelled, “No! The shell is my house, I live here. Just let me go, please. One day, I can do a good deed for you.” 

The mouse was stunned. “Really? A snail helping a mouse? Haha, that’s funny.” 

But, she was a nice mouse. She let the snail go. 

A couple of days later, the snail heard a squeaking sound of a mouse. He said to himself, “I think I know who that is. It’s Mouse. I wonder what’s wrong with her?”

He could spot Mouse just a little ways up ahead. He started heading towards her. Mouse turned and saw Snail coming her way. 

“Snail!” she said. “I’m so excited to see you. I’m hungry and I don’t see any food. Have you seen any?”

The snail replied, “I saw a sunflower patch up ahead. I bet there are some sunflower seeds in them. You can eat those.” 

And Snail led Mouse to the sunflower patch he talked about. “I thought I would be able to help you someday,” said the snail. “Even though I am very small, I can still help.” 

#4 AmandaVT

AmandaVT

Empress Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2732 posts

Posted 09 November 2017 - 04:42 PM

"The Hunter and the Doves"

A flock of doves were flying up in the air, searching for food. At once, they all saw some pumpkin seeds lying on the ground. They decided to go down to investigate the pumpkin seeds and maybe eat them. A hunter came out of a tree and he decided to capture the doves. The hunter quickly threw a small net over the doves. They were trapped!

One of the doves said, “What should we do, we’re trapped! How can we get out?” 

The King Dove said “Four of you should take each corner of the net and the other four go in between them. On the count of three, everyone lift up the net!” 

“It worked!” said one of the doves. “We’re free again!” 

They raised up the net and threw it back on the hunter! They went back and landed next to the pumpkin seeds. They ate them up and flew off, leaving the hunter trapped. 

Just before they left, one of the doves said “Good luck escaping from your own trap!” and he flew away as well.

• purpleowl likes this

#5 AmandaVT

AmandaVT

Empress Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2732 posts

Posted 09 November 2017 - 04:43 PM

The Crow and the Pitcher - amplification

A crow was flying in the sky, sinking lower. He was very thirsty, and thought he was going to die, but then he saw a small pitcher with a little water at the bottom. His neck could not fit into the pitcher, because it wasn’t wide enough. Then, he had an idea. He gathered a few small rocks and put them in the pitcher. Every time each rock hit the bottom, the water came up a little higher than before. Finally, when the crow dropped the final rock he gathered, the water was up high enough for him to drink. He didn’t die after all.

• purpleowl likes this