What's with the ads?

#1 luuknam

luuknam

Think before you arithmetic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6477 posts

Posted 18 July 2017 - 10:59 AM

We haven't started yet - figured I'd just create a place holder. Link to last year's thread:

http://forums.welltr...p-wr-2016-2017/

#2 AmandaVT

AmandaVT

Empress Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2624 posts

Posted 01 September 2017 - 03:15 PM

Because of your thread from last year, I bought Fable to do with DS this year! We started today. :-) 

• luuknam likes this

#3 AmandaVT

AmandaVT

Empress Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2624 posts

Posted 28 September 2017 - 12:53 PM

DS is loving Fable so far. He wrote his first re-creation fable today. The assignment was to re-write the Lion and the Mouse with the Mouse as the big animal. 

"The Mouse and the Snail

A small mouse lay on the soft green grass, sound asleep. A tiny snail came up to the mouse and accidentally slimed on her tail! The mouse woke up and found that the snail was hiding in its shell. The mouse peeked into the snail’s shell with her eye and said, “Hello. Is anybody home?”

The snail replied, “No.”

The mouse said, “I think I could use your shell as a decoration in my log house. Get out and I want to pick it up.” 

The snail yelled, “No! The shell is my house, I live here. Just let me go, please. One day, I can do a good deed for you.” 

The mouse was stunned. “Really? A snail helping a mouse? Haha, that’s funny.” 

But, she was a nice mouse. She let the snail go. 

A couple of days later, the snail heard a squeaking sound of a mouse. He said to himself, “I think I know who that is. It’s Mouse. I wonder what’s wrong with her?”

He could spot Mouse just a little ways up ahead. He started heading towards her. Mouse turned and saw Snail coming her way. 

“Snail!” she said. “I’m so excited to see you. I’m hungry and I don’t see any food. Have you seen any?”

The snail replied, “I saw a sunflower patch up ahead. I bet there are some sunflower seeds in them. You can eat those.” 

And Snail led Mouse to the sunflower patch he talked about. “I thought I would be able to help you someday,” said the snail. “Even though I am very small, I can still help.”