Menu

Parcheesi for kids?

I've never played Sorry but looking it up it appears to be a simplified version of Parcheesi with cards telling you what to do, for ages 6 and up. In Parcheesi you roll dice and have to keep in mind the rules for a variety of situations. It took me a while to keep it all straight in my head as an adult. Not that it's a stumper but I would not expect a 5 year old, and probably not a 7 year old, to stay engaged.

• Like 1

My family used to play Parcheesi a lot when I was in kindy and older. It was a lot of fun, and even today, my kids liked it from age 6 up even though we mostly play other games. I occasionally toy with getting a custom 6 person board made so we can play with more people....

Edited by Tanaqui
  • Like 1

It's quite simple. I'd say a 6yo could learn the game without difficulty. Younger if they can quickly count the dots on dice and the spaces on the board to be able to figure out which pieces they want to move.

As for staying power, that depends on how well you and your kids like roll-and-move style games. They're pretty simple, with little strategy, and therefore not among my favorite, but I remember playing it off and on for years as a kid.

• Like 1