Menu

Sad Today - Kitty related

emzhengjiu

My sweet 13 year old kitty crossed the Rainbow Bridge this morning.  I miss him so much!  A couple of months ago, he was diagnosed with an untreatable tumor.  All we could do was try to keep him eating.  He seemed stable until last week, when his condition began deteriorating rapidly.  My 2 daughters and I stayed with him throughout the procedure this morning, holding him like a baby.  The vet was wonderful and I'm glad he's no longer in pain.  He was about 8 weeks old when we got him.  He was my older daughter's kitty, but loved to sit on my lap.  I'm plump and I guess softer.  He would tuck his head under my chin and sit for as long as I could stay still.  Last night, he sat that way with me for a good long while.  It's amazing how much love an animal can give. 

I'm sorry. I am faced with the end for my Thor Bear kitty. He is only 7 years old, but is dying of kidney disease. I have been keeping him alive the past few months, with daily subcutaneous fluid treatments and medicine, but he is extremely thin now and clearly does not feel good.

Here is the perfect quote I recently collected: "How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard." - Winnie the Pooh.

• Like 4

Thank you all very much!  Last week, we bought a small picture frame with a connected shadow box kit from Bed, Bath & Beyond.  The kit contained "clay" to use for a paw print.  My kitty didn't seem to mind and now we have something tangible to remember him by.  We didn't want his ashes back.  I like the picture and paw print much better. 

:grouphug:  We, too, lost our beloved 13-yr old kitty last year at this time to a tumor.

We are interviewing a kitten tomorrow to see about bringing him on as a new member of our team. It has taken a long time for some of us (and some were ready right away to welcome a new furbaby to the house) to be ready to open our hearts again. DD#1 is still in mourning, but perhaps the orange kitten will change her mind.

Just know that you are not alone & I hope you can fondly remember all the comfort and good times you had together.  :grouphug:

• Like 1

Thank you all very much!  Last week, we bought a small picture frame with a connected shadow box kit from Bed, Bath & Beyond.  The kit contained "clay" to use for a paw print.  My kitty didn't seem to mind and now we have something tangible to remember him by.  We didn't want his ashes back.  I like the picture and paw print much better. 

That's a great idea, I'll have to do that for Hello Kitty - yes, we let our 2- & 4-yr old daughters (at the time) name her. 

• Like 1