What's with the ads?

Photo

For those who remember our math issues......

7 replies to this topic

What's with the ads?

#1 texasmom33

texasmom33

Apprentice Bee Keeper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5652 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 03:28 PM

We went and remediated with MUS Epsilon and are still working through second pass of Algebra I with MUS. It's a fantastic fit and going well. Would you anticipate any issues with adding MUS Geometry this fall to the mix while completing the redo of Algebra 1? That will have her back on track to start Algebra II as 11th grade. Any issues I should be attuned to?
  • MerryAtHope, frogger and Mike in SA like this

#2 SparklyUnicorn

SparklyUnicorn

Beekeeping Professor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36295 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 03:30 PM

Awesome.  Glad you found something that's working out.

(don't know about the geometry, have not used it)

• texasmom33 likes this

#3 Mrs.W

Mrs.W

Hive Mind Level 4 Worker: Builder Bee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 301 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 04:00 PM

You'll be fine adding in geometry. My DD did both this past school year and had no problems. There were a few times she didn't understand the algebra review questions in the geometry book because she hadn't covered that in the algebra book yet (still wasn't a big deal -- she usually was able to figure it out with some help), but you probably won't have that issue since the start dates are staggered.

Glad it was a good fit for her!

Edited by Mrs.W, 17 July 2017 - 04:01 PM.

• texasmom33 likes this

#4 Mike in SA

Mike in SA

Hive Mind Queen Bee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1247 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 07:21 PM

We went and remediated with MUS Epsilon and are still working through second pass of Algebra I with MUS. It's a fantastic fit and going well. Would you anticipate any issues with adding MUS Geometry this fall to the mix while completing the redo of Algebra 1? That will have her back on track to start Algebra II as 11th grade. Any issues I should be attuned to?

I think this will be fine.  The only possible issue would be workload. 

We actually taught each of our kids geometry before algebra, and it was tremendously helpful for both of them.

• texasmom33 likes this

#5 Zoo Keeper

Zoo Keeper

Tamer of Man and Beasts

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2260 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 07:32 PM

:hurray: :hurray: :hurray: Well done!  Keep moving forward with whatever works. 

• texasmom33 likes this

#6 perkybunch

perkybunch

Hive Mind Level 5 Worker: Forager Bee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1552 posts

Posted 18 July 2017 - 08:21 AM

It will be fine.  That's basically what we did this past year.  It actually works out really nicely (and the workload is not too much by the way) because there is some Algebra review in Geometry and it was obviously still really fresh for dd.

• texasmom33 likes this

#7 MerryAtHope

MerryAtHope

Amateur Bee Keeper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7514 posts

Posted 18 July 2017 - 01:40 PM

So glad, that's awesome! 

I don't think my kids would have been up for 2 highschool math courses at the same time, so I'm not sure on that...

• texasmom33 likes this

#8 Momto2Ns

Momto2Ns

Empress Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7731 posts

Posted 18 July 2017 - 08:12 PM

I don't see any issues except the overload. MUS Geometry is relatively quick. How far into Algebra I are you? If possible, I would wait until finished with Algebra I and then work through Geometry until finished with that. If she is at least half way through Algebra 1, then I'd just spend a little more time on math each day and continue with one program at a time instead of doubling up.