Menu

FYI: TI-84 Plus on sale at Staples $89.99

JudoMom

That's an older model.  Probably it will be perfectly fine.  We bought the later model, a TI-84 Plus CE, for DD, I think that was 2 years ago.   I had signed up for a temporary (30 days free) Amazon Prime membership and looked for it on Amazon, a number of times on Prime Day, but it didn't go down.  A week or 2 later, Amazon had a very good price on it (I think something like the $89.99 in the thread title here) and we bought it.

There was a problem with the battery. It failed and we replaced it about one year ago, with one that is not an OEM T.I. battery.   We bought the replacement battery from an eBay Seller in NY that sells a lot of Used T.I. calculators.  

I suspect that although we probably had one of the first TI-84 Plus CE calculators sold, in the USA, the battery they put into it in the factory had not been made recently.

I saw DD using the Calculator this morning for her Algebra 2 course.

Either way, I believe those TI calculators can be used on the PSAT/SAT/ACT exams.

• Like 1

Is this the model that kids can use during the SAT?

Yes and also for the AP exams.

"Texas Instruments

TI-73

TI-80

TI-81

TI-82

TI-83/TI-83 Plus

TI-83 Plus Silver

TI-84 Plus/TI-84 Plus T

TI-84 Plus CE/TI-84 Plus CE-T

TI-84 Plus Silver

TI-84 Plus C Silver

TI-85

TI-86

TI-89

TI-89 Titanium

TI-Nspire/TI-Nspire CX

TI-Nspire CAS/TI-Nspire CX CAS

TI-Nspire CM-C/TI-Nspire CM-C CAS

TI-Nspire CX-C CAS" https://collegereadiness.collegeboard.org/sat/taking-the-test/calculator-policy

• Like 1