What's with the ads?

#1 Indigo Blue

Indigo Blue

Hive Mind Level 3 Worker: Honeymaking Bee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 209 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 02:47 PM

OF the sixteen types, which one do you think you might be? It would be fun to keep this thread light. I know some may not put much stock in this type of thing, and that's fine....I just think it's a fun question and sometimes these things seem eerily accurate. So, please just keep this fun. I would love to take the Myers-Briggs, but I think you have to pay for that one? I've just done one or two simple ones online just out of curiosity, and just for fun.

I seem to be INFJ. (Introverted iNtuitive Feeling Judging) Boy, does it really seem to be accurate.

What I do at social events:  5%  Talking, 20% Eating, 75% Thinking if now is a good time to leave...So true!

It's also easier to write than it is to talk in person.

What is yours?

#2 regentrude

regentrude

Qualified Bee Keeper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25387 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 02:54 PM

ESFJ

There are free MB tests online; I took one that had around 90 questions

Edited by regentrude, 17 July 2017 - 02:57 PM.

#3 Pawz4me

Pawz4me

Hive Mind Level 6 Worker: Scout Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9187 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 02:56 PM

INTJ

• Pegs likes this

#4 elegantlion

elegantlion

Wandering and Wondering

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27903 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 02:56 PM

INFP

#5 Guinevere

Guinevere

Hive Mind Level 5 Worker: Forager Bee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 397 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 02:57 PM

ENTJ

Totally spot on for me, and was a really good exercise for me.  ENTJ aren't known for their social/emotional awareness, and having a way to think about people, and their strengths/weakness, was life-changing for me.  Learning about Meyers-Briggs taught me so, so much.  I know a lot of people don't put stock into it, but it's just a tool.  If it works for you, it works, you know?  If not, fine.  Find something else.

• shawthorne44 likes this

#6 Crimson Wife

Crimson Wife

Qualified Bee Keeper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18933 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 02:57 PM

INFP

#7 Sue in TX

Sue in TX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 961 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 03:00 PM

ISTJ (close to ISFJ) describes my personality very well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#8 Patty Joanna

Patty Joanna

Empress Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9314 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 03:01 PM

I used to know but I don't have the letters anymore.  It's been interesting over the years how I have migrated from extremes towards middles.  I didn't think personalities could change when I was younger, but I do now, or at least I think it is possible that there is change in something--maybe just in being able to be honest about who I really am and not who I think I ought to be.

• Quill likes this

#9 nixpix5

nixpix5

Hive Mind Queen Bee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1175 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 03:04 PM

ENTJ

I remember taking it in grad school. Fun stuff :)

#10 Zinnia

Zinnia

Hive Mind Queen Bee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1064 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 03:07 PM

ISFJ.

For me, the I and the E are almost exactly in the middle.  I like people, until I need my space.  :)

My dh is an ENTJ.  He exhausts me some days.

• shawthorne44 likes this

#11 shawthorne44

shawthorne44

More Kilts!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3772 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 03:09 PM

Complete INTJ.   smallest percentage was 76%.   

I remember there was another thread here on this.  The INT's are wayyy over-represented.   It makes sense when you read the description and imagine that person in a non-perfect public school environment.  

• Quill, Sneezyone, Hyacinth and 1 other like this

#12 onelittlemonkey

onelittlemonkey

I'm not superstitious, but I am a little stitious. -MGS

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1350 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 03:13 PM

INFJ

#13 Ravin

Ravin

Hive Mind Queen Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12751 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 03:19 PM

I'm INTJ.

• Pegs likes this

#14 VaKim

VaKim

Hive Mind Queen Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2632 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 03:21 PM

ISTJ.

#15 mellifera33

mellifera33

Hive Mind Worker Bee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1281 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 03:24 PM

INTP.

#16 MommyLiberty5013

MommyLiberty5013

Don't Let the Lipstick Fool You

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 615 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 03:27 PM

Both DH and I had to take the Myers Briggs test at the end of college as graduation requirements. The school paid for it as part of career development. I forget what I was. For careers, DH's #2 in the list was airline pilot, and that is what he ended up being, even though his major was in Agricultrual Business. I do recall that my personality is the same as about 6% of the test takers. But that was 13 years ago when I was single, and had no kids.

I wonder if mine has changed and if so, to what....I think I was an E, but I could seriously be an I now.

#17 Selkie

Selkie

Hive Mind Queen Bee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1825 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 03:31 PM

INTJ

• Pegs likes this

#18 Laura Corin

Laura Corin

She who plants flowers for bees

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23418 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 03:32 PM

Intj
  • Pegs likes this

#19 MBM

MBM

Hive Mind Queen Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3563 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 03:33 PM

ENFJ.

#20 LarlaB

LarlaB

Hive Mind Queen Bee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1374 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 03:36 PM

INFJ married to INTJ

• Quill and Pegs like this

#21 Cecropia

Cecropia

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 03:36 PM

I used to test INFP, but now my results are INTP.  Some mix of the two, I guess.

#22 EKS

EKS

Qualified Bee Keeper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14113 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 03:37 PM

INTP (today, that is--the T/F and the P/J are prone to changing depending on my mood, I guess)

#23 Word Nerd

Word Nerd

Empress Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11413 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 03:45 PM

INFP. The I and N are definite, but I'm pretty evenly split between F/T and J/P so have scored as INTP and INFJ before too.

#24 happypamama

happypamama

Hive Mind Queen Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9340 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 03:56 PM

ISFJ, but also very close to being an INFJ and not far off from being an ISTJ. I'm married to someone who is almost certainly an ISTP. . . we don't give dinner parties, ROTFL!

Our children are a mix -- something like an ENFP, an INTJ, an ESsomethingP (very E), an ISsomethingP, and an EsomethingssomethingJ. My children who seem to be J have been that way since the day they were born. There is a Way the world works, doggone it, and Rules To Follow. The older J child is very easy to school, as long as he knows what to expect. My most E child has also been that way since the very beginning. As a toddler, I'd take him out of the car, and he'd start waving to everyone immediately. The world is this child's oyster, and he, laid back and cheerful, is ready for anything.

Edited by happypamama, 17 July 2017 - 03:57 PM.

#25 Cafelattee

Cafelattee

Hive Mind Queen Bee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1306 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 04:10 PM

INTJ 

I've been on this board since 05 the subject has been brought up many times over the years.    There have been a lot of us.  We are the rare type that I guess gravitate to the idea of total control of our children's education  ;)  We analyze and see solutions.  It drives me crazy even when I go into McDonalds and see it crazy chaos   I stand their in line and can see how to make it work more efficiently LOL  This is just how my brain works

I gravitated to homeschool cause I found public school ineffective, wasteful and majority of the teacher not very bright.   Does that make me sound bitchy? LOL

probably but that's one of the negative our personality we are analytical , and know exactly what to do.  We get judgey when other people can't see it.

So at 47 I'm much better as a people  person but have never really made lady friends except on line.  The ladies IRL would ask me a question like how should I loose weight.  I give them a blunt answer that's the truth.  They don't' want real help just "oh you look just find"  I didn't get it why ask if you really didn't want the help  :001_rolleyes: 

I've been told I think like a man. 

• Quill, Sneezyone, ErinE and 2 others like this

#26 SparklyUnicorn

SparklyUnicorn

Beekeeping Professor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36324 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 04:17 PM

INTP

#27 chocolatechip

chocolatechip

Hi there.

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1243 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 04:38 PM

INFP. I like the tests that look at the underlying traits underneath the letters - I find them much more accurate. Like this one.

• lllllll likes this

#28 Seasider

Seasider

anchored

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8436 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 04:43 PM

INTJ

Seems like last time this was discussed in this forum, the conclusion was that the INTJ's were disproportionately represented here. Am I remembering that correctly?
  • Laura Corin, Quill, kbutton and 1 other like this

#29 Mary in VA

Mary in VA

Hive Mind Queen Bee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 899 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 04:48 PM

ESFJ

#30 goldberry

goldberry

In a Handbasket

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9691 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 04:49 PM

INTJ borderline INFJ.

Seasider, I remember that! Intj is a rare personality type, but we had quite a few on this board.
  • Quill, Seasider and Pegs like this

#31 Plum Crazy

Plum Crazy

The Doctor's next companion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7379 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 05:01 PM

INFP. I sometimes test INFJ, but I think I'm mostly INFP. My oldest took the test recently and is definitely INFJ. 

#32 Hyacinth

Hyacinth

Hive Mind Royal Larvae

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 641 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 05:21 PM

Another INTJ here. Generally annoyed with small talk, amused by my own sarcasm, and a bit judgy in the presence of idiocy. (INTJs aren't known for their cute and cuddly ways.)

• Cafelattee, lllllll, Mavis and 5 others like this

#33 Seasider

Seasider

anchored

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8436 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 05:27 PM

Another INTJ here. Generally annoyed with small talk, amused by my own sarcasm, and a bit judgy in the presence of idiocy. (INTJs aren't known for their cute and cuddly ways.)

Oh, bingo!
  • Cafelattee, Splash and Pegs like this

#34 mykidsrmyjoy

mykidsrmyjoy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 170 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 05:31 PM

ISFJ

#35 Indigo Blue

Indigo Blue

• Members
  • Pip
  • 209 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 05:45 PM

INTJ 

I've been on this board since 05 the subject has been brought up many times over the years.    There have been a lot of us.  We are the rare type that I guess gravitate to the idea of total control of our children's education  ;)  We analyze and see solutions.  It drives me crazy even when I go into McDonalds and see it crazy chaos   I stand their in line and can see how to make it work more efficiently LOL  This is just how my brain works

I gravitated to homeschool cause I found public school ineffective, wasteful and majority of the teacher not very bright.   Does that make me sound bitchy? LOL

probably but that's one of the negative our personality we are analytical , and know exactly what to do.  We get judgey when other people can't see it.

So at 47 I'm much better as a people  person but have never really made lady friends except on line.  The ladies IRL would ask me a question like how should I loose weight.  I give them a blunt answer that's the truth.  They don't' want real help just "oh you look just find"  I didn't get it why ask if you really didn't want the help  :001_rolleyes:

No, this doesn't make you sound [email protected] at all. I understand. And even INFJ's get annoyed in some fast-food lines at the utter inefficient insanity, lol. But when we see efficiency, we NOTICE it!

• Cafelattee likes this

#36 MistyMountain

MistyMountain

Hive Mind Level 4 Worker: Builder Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2707 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 05:49 PM

I have been INT J/P the last could go either way.

#37 Closeacademy

Closeacademy

Mom of High-schoolers

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3662 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 06:03 PM

INFJ here. There are a lot of us on the internet but you'll meet very few in real life. I really enjoy INFJ Joe's cartoons about the type. You can find him on Facebook, IG or Twitter. It's a really rare type. I guess the countries with the most of us are New Zealand and South Korea. 

• jewellsmommy likes this

#38 SGPS

SGPS

Hive Mind Queen Bee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2415 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 06:07 PM

INTP

#39 lllllll

lllllll

Amateur Bee Keeper

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4773 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 06:07 PM

nm

Edited by tentwelve, 25 July 2017 - 03:12 PM.

• Pegs likes this

#40 Word Nerd

Word Nerd

Empress Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11413 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 06:08 PM

INFP. I like the tests that look at the underlying traits underneath the letters - I find them much more accurate. Like this one.

That's interesting and also says INFP for me.

#41 DawnM

DawnM

Qualified Bee Keeper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22015 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 06:17 PM

ENT/FJ

T and F seem to come in as a close tie.

• E – Extraversion preferred to introversion: ENTJs often feel motivated by their interaction with people. They tend to enjoy a wide circle of acquaintances, and they gain energy in social situations (whereas introverts expend energy).[7]
  • N – Intuition preferred to sensing: ENTJs tend to be more abstract than concrete. They focus their attention on the big picture rather than the details, and on future possibilities rather than immediate realities.[8] They tend to focus on the final product rather than the current task.
  • T – Thinking preferred to feeling: ENTJs tend to value objective criteria above personal preference. When making decisions, they generally give more weight to logic than to social considerations.[9]
  • F – Feeling preferred to thinking: ENFJs tend to value personal considerations above objective criteria. When making decisions, they often give more weight to social implications than to logic.[10]
  • J – Judgment preferred to perception: ENTJs tend to plan their activities and make decisions early. They derive a sense of control through predictability, which to perceptive types may seem limiting.[10] ENTJs often try to predict outcomes and plan accordingly.

#42 kbutton

kbutton

Apprentice Bee Keeper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5325 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 06:19 PM

INTJ 

I had a guy friend (part of a couple my DH and are friends with) tell me that he missed getting together after college because he didn't have me around for guy talk anymore, lol! And for those wondering, it had nothing to do with talking about sports or cars.

I am an INTJ as well, but I am a little soft in some of the areas. Some of that is life rounding things out a bit. I was on the line for a couple of traits when I tested in college, but the tester told me that she really thought INTJ was the best fit. I guess that violates the rules for testers, but I was floundering a bit trying to figure out what to do with myself, and she really felt that my test results were off due to my circumstances. I got into a different major, and she was totally right. By the time I was a few months into a job post-college, I had zero doubts. 

Even though I know we're represented highly on the boards, I still love to see the INTJ responses stack up as a contrast to real life. It makes me happy.

INFJs--when I get to hang out with your type, you are some of my favorite people. Be proud.  :001_wub:

• Cafelattee and Pegs like this

#43 joyofsix

joyofsix

Naughty Vixen

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6105 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 06:28 PM

ENFP

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

#44 peacelovehomeschooling

peacelovehomeschooling

Hive Mind Level 2 Worker: Nurse Bee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 139 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 06:29 PM

ISFJ

#45 unsinkable

unsinkable

AD QUEM IBIMUS

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17287 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 06:31 PM

ICBC

I Can't Be Classified.
  • Mothersweets, ScoutTN, happypamama and 2 others like this

#46 Mothersweets

Mothersweets

Hive Mind Queen Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3304 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 06:53 PM

ISFJ

#47 Indigo Blue

Indigo Blue

• Members
  • Pip
  • 209 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 07:09 PM

INFJ here. There are a lot of us on the internet but you'll meet very few in real life. I really enjoy INFJ Joe's cartoons about the type. You can find him on Facebook, IG or Twitter. It's a really rare type. I guess the countries with the most of us are New Zealand and South Korea. 

That's interesting..I mean about a lot of INFJ's being in New Zealand and South Korea. I guess it makes sense that you'd see us on the Internet more and not in real life.

#48 LMD

LMD

Hive Mind Queen Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3289 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 07:15 PM

INFJ married to INTJ

Ditto. 😊

#49 J-rap

J-rap

Hive Mind Queen Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11097 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 07:15 PM

I'm an INFJ.  :)

#50 Arcadia

Arcadia

Hive Mind Royal Larvae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15977 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 07:19 PM

The kind that after the 10th question on the quiz, I got bored and decided to go do something else. I have never gotten a consistent result anyway since I lean middle. My kids get introverts the few times they have the patience to do the quizzes but they behave like extroverts.
  • unsinkable likes this