What's with the ads?

#1 texasmom33

texasmom33

Apprentice Bee Keeper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5652 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 08:51 AM

My husband's birthday is coming up fast. I want to find a gift, but he is SO hard to buy for. He likes very nice things, expensive things- he's so picky. And that's great. He deserves it, he earns it. BUT, it makes it impossible to surprise him, because he's so picky. There is no way I could go buy anything he has on his want list without tipping him off, because of the level of specification. That and if he wants something, he just goes and buys it anyway, so there isn't much left on the want list that's immediately affordable anyway. We just had to replace one our AC's and take our tractor to the shop, so I'd prefer not to spend a fortune either at the moment. 

But I'd really like to find something, even if it's small, to surprise him with. Can y'all help me come up with something? 

He's in tech, so he has most of the latest greatest gadgets as far as phones, tablets, accessories through his job. I can't think of anything there.  He's a guy's guy. Hunting, fishing, shooting, that sort of stuff (although he doesn't have much time for it these days with his job and our place). We have property so he does a lot of outdoor work on the tractor etc. Not big into sports these days. I thought of getting a guided hunt or fishing trip, but I wouldn't even know who to call. Again, he's picky!! And I know guides can vary greatly. 

I don't care if it doesn't cost much. I just would like to surprise him. For once. Anyone great at figuring out clever gifts for difficult people? 

#2 Jean in Newcastle

Jean in Newcastle

Beekeeping Professor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 63942 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 09:33 AM

Dh has liked some little gadgets from Keysmart

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • texasmom33 likes this

#3 HomeAgain

HomeAgain

Empress Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3152 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 09:52 AM

My dh likes useful things, even if he doesn't know it when I give it to him.  Seriously, the last few gifts I have picked out all on my own were met with a "thanks?" :huh:  followed by a month of being untouched, and then finding out how amazing it is and loving it to death.  He thought I was crazy for buying Silpats and a knife for him for Christmas. 

Guess what he uses every day?  The Silpats and the knife. :lol:   He's looked into getting another from the same set but that'll have to wait a while.  (I got an amazing deal on Black Friday on the Wusthoff, we're not ready to spend full price on another)

Even if it turns out to be a dud gift, knowing that I put a lot of thought and read a ton of reviews to pick something out makes it kind of special to him.

• texasmom33 likes this

#4 katilac

katilac

Chief Educational Executive & Cruise Director

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8749 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 09:53 AM

My dh and his brother, both super hard to buy for, both have a weird love for nice graph paper notebooks that fit in their shirt pockets. They only like the graph paper ones. 

https://fieldnotesbrand.com/

• Artichoke and texasmom33 like this

#5 zoobie

zoobie

Beekeeping Professor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10234 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 10:01 AM

Concert tickets? Surprise him with a packed bag for a quick overnight?
  • QueenCat and texasmom33 like this

#6 Shelly in IL

Shelly in IL

Hive Mind Queen Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2986 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 10:07 AM

I second a fun overnight. My husband just loved it when I kidnapped him by asking him to go to a neighboring town for dinner. I insisted upon driving. Imagine his surprise when we ended up pulling into a motel - and yes, it was a tacky, "love" motel - which made it even more exciting. We have a couple of those an hour so away in a tourist area. They're not seedy, just geared towards romance - with a hot tub in the room, etc.

Edited by Shelly in IL, 17 July 2017 - 10:08 AM.

• Spryte, texasmom33 and Erica H like this

#7 aggie96

aggie96

Longtime Lurker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 420 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 10:17 AM

DH just picked this out for himself.

https://www.ridgewallet.com/

• texasmom33 likes this

#8 happi duck

happi duck

Hive Mind Queen Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8418 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 11:07 AM

Does he already have a great outdoors hat? My dh loves his Tilley hats.
  • texasmom33 likes this

#9 mominco

mominco

Just Visiting

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 572 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 11:28 AM

Does he have a digital photo frame?

The new ones are really good

https://www.nixplay.com/

We got one for Dh on his birthday last year and he loves it,keeps it at work and showcases the work of his team.

• texasmom33 likes this

#10 myblessings4

myblessings4

Hive Mind Queen Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5569 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 11:35 AM

I think my dh favorites have been concert tickets and overnight getaways.
  • texasmom33 likes this

#11 MommyLiberty5013

MommyLiberty5013

Don't Let the Lipstick Fool You

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 11:36 AM

A hot air balloon ride with you.
  • texasmom33 likes this

#12 meena

meena

Nose in a book

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1183 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 11:39 AM

How about a handcrafted hunting/sports knife? You could also have a cutting block customized with his name to go with it. I like these that are made in here in FL: https://www.instagram.com/gameknives/
  • texasmom33 likes this

#13 texasmom33

texasmom33

Apprentice Bee Keeper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5652 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 11:40 AM

The overnight thing would be fun, but it requires an act of Congress. We have to have people to take care of the animals and the kids. Pretty near impossible on that short of notice. It usually takes months of planning to be able to do that, if at all. 

• Guinevere likes this

#14 helena

helena

Amateur Bee Keeper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5177 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 11:45 AM

Something from The Art of Shaving?

http://www.theartofshaving.com

• texasmom33 likes this

#15 texasmom33

texasmom33

Apprentice Bee Keeper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5652 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 11:49 AM

Something from The Art of Shaving?

http://www.theartofshaving.com

This made me smile because he's got a big old beard. His favorite tee shirt says "Beards- Turning Laziness into Awesomeness". He does at least go to the barber to have it trimmed regularly. :) 

• helena, happi duck and kbutton like this

#16 happi duck

happi duck

Hive Mind Queen Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8418 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 11:56 AM

Beard jewelry?

http://www.huffingto...4b0c2407cdf0f08

https://grimfrost.co...ons/beard-rings
  • Beth S, MBM and texasmom33 like this

#17 Selkie

Selkie

Hive Mind Queen Bee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1517 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 12:30 PM

A Yeti cooler? My kids got me one for my birthday. Best cooler ever!

• Annie G and texasmom33 like this

#18 Liz CA

Liz CA

Apprentice Bee Keeper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12578 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 12:36 PM

That's hilarious. I bet it would be a surprise.  :)

• MBM, happi duck and texasmom33 like this

#19 texasmom33

texasmom33

Apprentice Bee Keeper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5652 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 01:36 PM

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

• happi duck likes this

#20 texasmom33

texasmom33

Apprentice Bee Keeper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5652 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 01:38 PM

A Yeti cooler? My kids got me one for my birthday. Best cooler ever!

He has wanted one of those forever, but I've had trouble stomaching $400 for a cooler! I joke that it's not like bears are a huge problem on boats! :) Are they really worth it? He tries to justify it by saying it would be useful if the power went out. :) That would definitely be something on his want list. 

#21 Plink

Plink

Capturing Creativity

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3002 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 01:45 PM

Yeti coolers probably aren't really worth the price, but they absolutely keep things cold for significantly longer than any other cooler on the planet.  It is on his want list and he hasn't bought it yet.  Go for it!

• texasmom33 likes this

#22 displace

displace

2e or not 2e

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3612 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 01:49 PM

Beer of the month club?

Jerky of the month club or exotic jerky?

If he wears ties- fun ties relating to hobbies or his profession.

Maybe just a local day trip to X localish place he's never been (canoeing, hiking, museum, theme park, other?).
  • texasmom33 likes this

#23 whitestavern

whitestavern

Hive Mind Queen Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3298 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 01:59 PM

Does he like to grill/smoke? I bought dh one of these for Father's Day this year and he is LOVING it. He had never heard of anything like it. I read about it in Fine Cooking I think? It works in both gas and charcoal grills.

https://www.amazon.c...s=amazen smoker

• texasmom33 likes this

#24 school17777

school17777

Hive Mind Queen Bee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2267 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 02:01 PM

He has wanted one of those forever, but I've had trouble stomaching $400 for a cooler! I joke that it's not like bears are a huge problem on boats! :) Are they really worth it? He tries to justify it by saying it would be useful if the power went out. :) That would definitely be something on his want list.

True Value has a copy cat one that is cheaper, but looks good quality.
  • texasmom33 likes this

#25 QueenCat

QueenCat

Queen of the Palapa

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9239 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 02:06 PM

Here's my attitude towards gifts......... Even if something is more than I would normally think is reasonable for something, as long as it's within the budget I've set for the gift, then it's fair game for purchase. So if it's something he really likes and it's within budget, why not?

• texasmom33 and Selkie like this

#26 texasmom33

texasmom33

Apprentice Bee Keeper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5652 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 02:18 PM

Does he like to grill/smoke? I bought dh one of these for Father's Day this year and he is LOVING it. He had never heard of anything like it. I read about it in Fine Cooking I think? It works in both gas and charcoal grills.

https://www.amazon.c...s=amazen smoker

I will check that out! He has a grill and a smoker- he bought himself the smoker last year for his birthday. :)

#27 Spy Car

Spy Car

Beekeeping Professor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20969 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 02:19 PM

If you are willing to do some sanding, stripping, carving, and staining you can get an awesome result by taking a Cold Steel Pipe Tomahawk and customizing it. Tons of modification videos on YouTube.

These are "project" Tomahawks  that can be had for about $25 (Midway currently cheapest) that don't look that great when they arrive, The heads are painted black (not good) and the hickory handles (which are nice underneath) are rough, and worst of all the heads are screwed on with the tops of the shafts kind of damaged from being crudely banged on.

But the heads are easy to strip clean and refinish with gun-bluing (Perma-blue) which makes them look way cool. They are good carbon steel.

The shafts need a lot of sanding, especially near the top (to remove damage) and to get a "friction fit."

But after sanding, (optional) carving, staining, and a finish of boiled linseed oil, the man will have a Tomahawk he'd be proud to own. He could carry it on the tractor and jump off and take care of business when ever necessary.

Every man should have one.  So cool, Cheap gift (but labor intensive).

Or a Joule Sous Vide machine   :p

Bill (both domestic and a savage)

Edited by Spy Car, 17 July 2017 - 02:20 PM.

• Miss Peregrine and texasmom33 like this

#28 texasmom33

texasmom33

Apprentice Bee Keeper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5652 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 02:22 PM

If you are willing to do some sanding, stripping, carving, and staining you can get an awesome result by taking a Cold Steel Pipe Tomahawk and customizing it. Tons of modification videos on YouTube.

These are "project" Tomahawks  that can be had for about $25 (Midway currently cheapest) that don't look that great when they arrive, The heads are painted black (not good) and the hickory handles (which are nice underneath) are rough, and worst of all the heads are screwed on with the tops of the shafts kind of damaged from being crudely banged on.

But the heads are easy to strip clean and refinish with gun-bluing (Perma-blue) which makes them look way cool. They are good carbon steel.

The shafts need a lot of sanding, especially near the top (to remove damage) and to get a "friction fit."

But after sanding, (optional) carving, staining, and a finish of boiled linseed oil, the man will have a Tomahawk he'd be proud to own. He could carry it on the tractor and jump off and take care of business when ever necessary.

Every man should have one.  So cool, Cheap gift (but labor intensive).

Or a Joule Sous Vide machine   :p

Bill (both domestic and a savage)

I got the Joule on Amazon Prime Day!!! :D

The Tomahawk sounds cool, but I am neither coordinated nor handy. Sounds like a potential trip to the ER for me. Perhaps it would be a good DIY project for him though! 

#29 J-rap

J-rap

Hive Mind Queen Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10747 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 02:26 PM

The men in my family are picky too.  How about a magazine subscription?  There are such slick and interesting ones out there these days.  You can browse a place like Barnes & Noble (if there are any left!) to get ideas.

For Christmas, my ds wanted a self-watering planter so he could grow his own plants/veggies.  

And going off the food club idea, this place has some interesting monthly food clubs you can join:

https://www.zingerma...yOzIaAuXX8P8HAQ

• texasmom33 likes this

#30 Silver Brook

Silver Brook

Scout Bee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 726 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 02:28 PM

Does he like muscial instruments? My techie husband liked an electronic cello from Amazon. He learns from youtube.

Gift cert.for that computer store in Houston where you make your own computer...I can't think of the name. It has a dizzying array of components.
  • texasmom33 likes this

#31 Spy Car

Spy Car

Beekeeping Professor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20969 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 02:29 PM

I got the Joule on Amazon Prime Day!!! :D

The Tomahawk sounds cool, but I am neither coordinated nor handy. Sounds like a potential trip to the ER for me. Perhaps it would be a good DIY project for him though! 

Funny you mention the ER. Er, uh, my boy got a Spy Car modified Tomahawk last week for his B-day.

Let's just say his injury was only a flesh-wound. Note to self, remember to buy sheath in advance.

Still interested?

Could be a kit. Project Tomahawk. Sandpaper assortment pack. Steel wool. Gassco paint remover. Stain. Perma Blue. Boiled Linseed oil.

Dermabond or suture kit in case of accidents. Paid up medical insurance. Something like that?

Bill (green with envy on the Joule)

• texasmom33 likes this

#32 texasmom33

texasmom33

Apprentice Bee Keeper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5652 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 02:56 PM

The men in my family are picky too.  How about a magazine subscription?  There are such slick and interesting ones out there these days.  You can browse a place like Barnes & Noble (if there are any left!) to get ideas.

For Christmas, my ds wanted a self-watering planter so he could grow his own plants/veggies.  

And going off the food club idea, this place has some interesting monthly food clubs you can join:

https://www.zingerma...yOzIaAuXX8P8HAQ

He's an Audible guy, but we already have a membership. Long ago books on CD were a great gift, but those have gone the way of the dinosaur. Now it's more like "Hey Honey- I didn't use all your credits buying read aloud for the kids on the Audible account this month! Happy Birthday!"  :blushing:

Does he like muscial instruments? My techie husband liked an electronic cello from Amazon. He learns from youtube.

Gift cert.for that computer store in Houston where you make your own computer...I can't think of the name. It has a dizzying array of components.

No on the musical instruments. He is definitely NOT musical! 

Is MicroCenter maybe you're thinking of? Normally that would work. But he's in the midst of building yet another computer as we speak type so he is a frequent shopper there. He also just bought Rasberry pi (? is that right) to teach our oldest some stuff on Prime Day. He likes that kind of thing a lot because he says it helps him stay current with the technology since he doesn't actually do any of the tech work anymore, but he just goes and buys whenever he likes. That's what makes it so hard. I feel like it's borderline on buying him work stuff for home. Like if he bought me a microwave or something. Of course if he bought me homeschool stuff I'd be ecstatic...........

His hobbies have thinned with time too. He simply doesn't have extra time at all the last couple of years- his work is demanding. And so are his wife and kids. :) He used to weld and restore cars, but he even sold his welder last year because it was just sitting unused. 

• Silver Brook likes this

#33 texasmom33

texasmom33

Apprentice Bee Keeper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5652 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 02:58 PM

Funny you mention the ER. Er, uh, my boy got a Spy Car modified Tomahawk last week for his B-day.

Let's just say his injury was only a flesh-wound. Note to self, remember to buy sheath in advance.

Still interested?

Could be a kit. Project Tomahawk. Sandpaper assortment pack. Steel wool. Gassco paint remover. Stain. Perma Blue. Boiled Linseed oil.

Dermabond or suture kit in case of accidents. Paid up medical insurance. Something like that?

:scared:  He survived the ticks, and now Tomahawks?!?! Glad he is okay though! Life lessons at their finest! You've definitely deterred me from that project for sure now! 

#34 Zinnia

Zinnia

Hive Mind Queen Bee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 958 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 03:01 PM

My dh is equally difficult to buy for.

One of the biggest hits in recent years was a t-shirt from Claxton Fruit Cake Co.  He loves their fruit cakes every Christmas, even handles the good-natured jabbing that comes along with admitting a soft spot for the nasty brick cakes.  :)  So he wears that shirt proudly, and he welcomes the conversations that it starts.  It's fun, and it was perfect for him.  

Maybe an equally fun tshirt?  Cheap, but meaningful.

#35 aggie96

aggie96

Longtime Lurker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 420 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 03:01 PM

You're in my neck of the woods I think.  The yeti cooler is definitely worth it.  Keeps the beer super cold in the Texas heat while out grillin' and smokin'!  Yeti has been a great investment in our world. Got rid of the other coolers, too, so freed up some space.

Edited by aggie96, 17 July 2017 - 03:04 PM.

#36 ErinE

ErinE

Hive Mind Queen Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4338 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 03:02 PM

The Yeti hopper isn't quite as expensive, but very nice. It has soft sides and the zipper is airtight.

https://www.amazon.c...age yeti cooler

Edited by ErinE, 17 July 2017 - 03:03 PM.

• texasmom33 likes this

#37 Spy Car

Spy Car

Beekeeping Professor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20969 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 03:14 PM

:scared:  He survived the ticks, and now Tomahawks?!?! Glad he is okay though! Life lessons at their finest! You've definitely deterred me from that project for sure now! 

We like danger around here. Superglue is a wonder tool (just sayin').

A few scars and one has stories to tell :D

Bill (who's loaded with both)

• texasmom33 likes this

#38 Spy Car

Spy Car

Beekeeping Professor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20969 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 03:17 PM

777hawk_walkbyfaith2.jpg

Our is a little different model, but this is the basic idea for a plain mod.

Men love this stuff

Bill (who is not good at letting things go :D)

ETA: Dang, I think if one looks very closely, one can see the blood stains. Very cool!

Edited by Spy Car, 17 July 2017 - 03:19 PM.

• Miss Peregrine, Jenn in FL, onelittlemonkey and 1 other like this

#39 Selkie

Selkie

Hive Mind Queen Bee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1517 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 03:57 PM

Yep, they're worth every penny! We keep ours out in the barn for cold drinks when we're working with the horses. Drinks stay cold for days and the ice only needs to be replaced every four days or so.

Mine is the Roadie, which costs around $200. I like that size because it's easy to carry, but if I needed a bigger cooler, I would absolutely get the $400 one. The quality of Yeti products is just the best. We also have about ten of their Rambler cups.

• texasmom33 likes this

#40 Cecropia

Cecropia

Hive Mind Level 5 Worker: Forager Bee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 03:57 PM

Authentic Chicago-style deep dish pizza?

https://gio1.ultracartstore.com/

• texasmom33 likes this

#41 texasmom33

texasmom33

Apprentice Bee Keeper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5652 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 05:33 PM

Authentic Chicago-style deep dish pizza?

https://gio1.ultracartstore.com/

Maybe I should order that as a gift to myself!  :drool5:

#42 Pippen

Pippen

Empress Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6105 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 05:41 PM

My dh and his brother, both super hard to buy for, both have a weird love for nice graph paper notebooks that fit in their shirt pockets. They only like the graph paper ones. 

https://fieldnotesbrand.com/

You've gotta love graph paper to understand. 

• displace and texasmom33 like this

#43 kbutton

kbutton

Apprentice Bee Keeper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5220 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 06:38 PM

Still interested?

My DH who is hard to buy for would love this, though he'd need at least two spare handles (he breaks handles on everything--from rakes to mauls). 

Thanks!

• texasmom33 likes this

#44 Annie G

Annie G

Hive Mind Queen Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7490 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 07:09 PM

I love our Yeti. I would never have spent that much on a cooler but it was a gift from a niece and nephew. Clearly they go overboard on hostess gifts. But my word...I love our Yeti. We keep it in the car and use it frequently.   I bring frozen zipper peas back from Georgia when we visit- they easily stay frozen the two days it takes us to drive back home. 

• texasmom33 and Selkie like this

#45 Mainer

Mainer

Hive Mind Level 4 Worker: Builder Bee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 257 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 08:19 PM

My husband loves his Hydroflask stainless steel coffee mug. They keep hot things boiling hot ALL DAY, and cold drinks with ice cubes freezing all day, too. They make enormous ones that someone could take out in the woods, camping, etc. Maybe not as cool as a Yeti cooler, but still pretty awesome :)

Ah... I see they also make beer growlers!

• Annie G and texasmom33 like this

#46 Mainer

Mainer

Hive Mind Level 4 Worker: Builder Bee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 257 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 08:23 PM

The other thing he reaaaally loves are his OluKai shoes... LOVES THEM. I don't think he'll ever buy another brand again, ever!

#47 Spy Car

Spy Car

Beekeeping Professor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20969 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 10:01 PM

My DH who is hard to buy for would love this, though he'd need at least two spare handles (he breaks handles on everything--from rakes to mauls). 

Thanks!

Spare handles are about $11 (plus the labor involved in finishing them. They are tough hickory handles.

Extremely tough.

Bill

• kbutton likes this

#48 Kareni

Kareni

BEEn here awhile

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15708 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 11:11 PM

How about old tech?  Give him a slide rule.

Regards,

Kareni

#49 Stacia

Stacia

In the League of Casually Promiscuous and Whimsical Readers

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14270 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 11:49 PM

Helicopter ride?

Maybe you could get it to fly over your property or over lakes/areas he likes to hunt, fish, etc....

#50 katilac

katilac

Chief Educational Executive & Cruise Director

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8749 posts

Posted 18 July 2017 - 12:33 AM

Your problem is solved. 

They work well, they last forever, and all the cool kids have them.