..."Random book from the 240 shelf in your library:" There are NO books in the 240 category in my library... So does anyone have any idea what the heck is the actual topic of 240? How about 241-249?? HELP!
My library doesn't seem to have any either. The subject area for 240 appears to be "Christian Moral and Devotional Theology":
241 = Christian Ethics
242 = Devotional Literature
243 = Evangelistic writings for individuals and families
[244 = no longer used -- formerly Religious Fiction]
[245 = no longer used -- formerly Hymnology]
246 = Use of art in Christinaity
247 = Church furnishings & related articles
248 = Christian Experience, Practice, and Life
249 = Christian Observances in Family Life (Devotional Guides)
...Here are some easier categories I'd love suggestions for... Mars - this one should be easy for me, since I love SciFi. I just read The Martian last year, so that's out. Radiance would work, but it's already happily filling another category. Any other good ideas?...
Mars -- if you don't mind OLD sci-fi
- The Martian Chronicles (Bradbury)
- War of the Worlds (HG Wells) -- the attacking aliens are from Mars
...Here are some easier categories I'd love suggestions for... Author who uses a pen name - not up for Middlemarch atm. Just re-read Silas Marner a few years ago. Who should I be looking at other than George Eliot? No serial romance writers, please (don't many of those use pen names?)...
Pen Names -- some fun ones from this Wikipedia list
pen name --> real name
- Anne Rice --> Howard Allen Frances O'Brien
- Acton Bell --> Anne Bronte
- Currer Bell --> Charlotte Bronte
- Ellis Bell --> Emily Bronte
- Dr. Seuss --> Theodore Geisel
- Edith Van Dyne --> L. Frank Baum
- Isak Dinesen --> Karen Blixen
- JD Robb --> Nora Roberts
- John Lange --> Michael Crichton
- John Sedges --> Pearl S. Buck
- Jonathon Oldstyle --> Washington Irving
- Mark Twain --> Samuel Langhorne Clemens
- Mary Westmacott --> Agatha Christie
- NW Clerk --> CS Lewis
- Nancy Boyd --> Edna St. Vincent Millay
- Ogdred Weary --> Edward Gorey
- PL Travers --> Helen Goff
- O. Henry --> William Sydney Porter
- Paul French --> Isaac Asimov
- Robert Galbraith; Newt Scamander; Kennilworthy Whisp --> JK Rowling
- Saki --> Hector Hugh Munro
- Silence Dogood; Martha Careful --> Benjamin Franklin
- Sylvia Plath --> Victoria Lucas
...Here are some easier categories I'd love suggestions for... Has pretty pictures - any suggestions?...
Has Pretty Pictures
- Griffin & Sabine trilogy (Bantock)
- JRR Tolkien Artist and Illustrator (Hammond) -- non-fiction
...Here are some easier categories I'd love suggestions for... Made into a Musical - has anyone else noticed that this is in Big Bingo twice? I've already read The Wizard of Oz and Wicked. What else is there?...
Made into a Musical
- Romeo and Juliette (Shakespeare) --> West Side Story
- Oliver Twist (Dickens) --> Oliver!
- Phantom of the Opera (Leroux) --> Phantom
- Gentlemen Prefer Blondes (Loos) --> same title
- Big Fish: A Novel of Mythic Proportions (Wallace) --> Big Fish
...Here are some easier categories I'd love suggestions for ... Neil Gaiman - Read American Gods and was disappointed. What should I read instead?
- The Graveyard Book
- Sandman -- graphic novel
Edited by Lori D., 23 July 2017 - 05:08 PM.