Menu

Veritas Press

M&MsMom

Hi Mindy, well definitely come over to the VP_Elementary yahoo group and talk with others using it. I'm not, but only because I started VP stuff several years ago and have my groove of how we use it. I've thought seriously about doing it, just to make my life easier and have everything pulled together for me. If I were starting off, saying with the 2nd grade, I'd DEFINITELY consider it. You can do it all yourself, pulling everything together, but when they've done it all for you, why??? I just find the more I do of VP recommendations, the more I like them. I'm the slow convert I guess, lol.

If you're looking at K5, feedback on Phonics Museum is really mixed, with some people liking it and some people being less enamored. Like I said, 2nd grade is where I'd definitely consider jumping in. You can figure out K5, no problem; all you do is teach them to read, to basic math, and read aloud together. 1st is more of the same (read, do some geography, basic math, more read alouds). It's in 2nd where they're starting to write things and you get so many subjects going. Now we're in 3rd and I'm looking ahead to what we should be doing in 4th... So if you're just getting started, take your time, read. VP materials and the things they chose are awesome.