Menu

Hive: What's the title of this kids' novel?

MamaBearTeacher

I read it in the early 1980s but I don't know when it was published. It is about a boy and a girl who open a small restaurant in their garden, I think. One is the chef the other the waiter. It is in a small town and people in the town come and like it. I remember they pick berries to serve once. That is all I remember. I read it as an adolescent and liked it.

I don't remember it as a novel but I have a short story that is very similar.  A boy and a girl open a shop/small cafe on the side of the road in a grassy area to help out their aunt.  They make paper boxes, fill them with berries, sell lemonade and homemade cookies.  It's a rather popular stop until someone in the town decides to bust out city ordinance and tell them they have to move.

Familiar? Or different story?  It's in a book I have upstairs.

I don't remember it as a novel but I have a short story that is very similar. A boy and a girl open a shop/small cafe on the side of the road in a grassy area to help out their aunt. They make paper boxes, fill them with berries, sell lemonade and homemade cookies. It's a rather popular stop until someone in the town decides to bust out city ordinance and tell them they have to move.

Familiar? Or different story? It's in a book I have upstairs.

Could be but the one I read was in novel form and I remember them making full meals. I don't remember why they did it.