Menu

My decision on math... (Order Placed!)

wehave8

ds 8th... VideoText Algebra (continue from last year)

ds 7th... Start VideoText Algebra

ds 4th... Math Mammoth

We will do 4 days/week in the programs I listed and 1 day/week with...

RightStart Activities for AL Abacus and Math Card Games

Just had to write it down and see how it looked.   :)

I'm making out our weekly schedule for next year and I needed to settle on a plan that I could afford both in time and money.

Pam

Edited by wehave8
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Order placed!

Well, in the past 2 weeks, I've resisted the 'send' button every day!

I asked here, on RS fb page, and called the RS office many times.  I finally feel I understand which RS pieces go together.

4th gr. ds:  I had thought of going all RS (Level C), but I decided to stick with my MM decision, adding RS in on Fridays, and throughout the week some if it works out that way.  IF we feel we can handle full levels down the road, it is no loss.  I already had the MM Light Blue Series (grades 1-6) from a few years ago from Homeschool Buyers Co-op in pdf.

7th & 8th gr. dss:  Will stay in VideoText Mon.-Thurs. and do RS with us on Fridays.

This is what I ordered:

Transitions Lessons

Transitions Worksheets

Math Cards Game Kit

Fractions Kit

AL Abacus (so they all have their own)

With 15% dicount from intent to buy from the CHAP Convention, it wasn't that bad.  $133.45 and free shipping.

I AM DONE WITH ORDERS!  WHEWWWWW!!!  :)

Pam

• Like 1

Whoohoo! We just placed our order today, too. :) And I have to say thank you.  :lol:  After your questions about RS, I looked into it further for ds.  We had planned something different for next year, but after reading through their samples and everything on here, I gave ds final choice between the one we had previously picked out and RS.  He chose theirs.  I think we'll enjoy it!

Whoohoo! We just placed our order today, too. :) And I have to say thank you.  :lol:  After your questions about RS, I looked into it further for ds.  We had planned something different for next year, but after reading through their samples and everything on here, I gave ds final choice between the one we had previously picked out and RS.  He chose theirs.  I think we'll enjoy it!

What did you go with?

Pam

What did you go with?

Pam

RS level D.  It was between D and E, but I really liked how material was presented and thought he could use the extra work with multiplication before moving on.  I offered him that or Beast Academy 3, which he had seen in person earlier and fell in love with.  After reading through the online samples, though, he picked Right Start.  I may still pickup BA 3A so he can play with shapes, but RS will be our main curriculum this year.

• Like 1

Order placed!

Well, in the past 2 weeks, I've resisted the 'send' button every day!

I asked here, on RS fb page, and called the RS office many times. I finally feel I understand which RS pieces go together.

4th gr. ds: I had thought of going all RS (Level C), but I decided to stick with my MM decision, adding RS in on Fridays, and throughout the week some if it works out that way. IF we feel we can handle full levels down the road, it is no loss. I already had the MM Light Blue Series (grades 1-6) from a few years ago from Homeschool Buyers Co-op in pdf.

7th & 8th gr. dss: Will stay in VideoText Mon.-Thurs. and do RS with us on Fridays.

Pam

Are the olders just doing RS for fun on Fridays? VideoText comes after Rightstart, would they be past most of the material?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Are the olders just doing RS for fun on Fridays? VideoText comes after Rightstart, would they be past most of the material?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Yes, just for fun, and to sharpen skills, facts, and mental math.

Pam