Menu

The My Brain Has Melted Teachers Lounge 6-22-2017

scrapbookbuzz

'Nuff said. I've already been out in the heat twice today, for extended periods of time, and have no desire to do anything.

And I certainly have no idea of what I can put for the standard three questions.

So . .. today it's YOUR turn to ask ME questions! Fire away! 

Talk to me! :bigear:

• Like 3

What's your favorite color? (me: purple)

Do you think there is intelligent life somewhere out there? (me: I wouldn't doubt it)

Do you have trash pick-up and if so how many times a week? (me: yes, twice a week - Monday and Thursday)

• Like 2

My favorite color depends on my mood but it varies between green, red, brown, and heather gray. As for the gray, I don't know 

that it's a standard favorite color but it is my favorite for wearing when I just need to feel comfortable and comforted.

I find it odd to think the Earth is the only inhabited planet.

We do have trash pick-up, twice a week. I'd like for us to also have recycling pickup, but we don't.

• Like 3

Scrap, sorry the heat is so intolerable. We are having a warm spell, I guess. Too hot for the dog. He insisted on taking me on a walking route that did not pass by any water fountains, unlike my plan. We got a half.mile from home and he laid down in the grass and could not be convinced to move. Dd had to come pick us up.

Fav color? If you look in my closet, you'd probably say "purple." I keep bringing home purple tops and sweaters. I love blue as well.

Life on other planets? The more I pay attention to astronomy, the more convinced I am that there is life out there, but I'm sure we would have trouble l recognizing it as much.

Trash pick up is once a week (along with recycling and yard waste.) I can't imagine needing more. We have brush pick up twice a year.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

• Like 3

We have it twice a week because once a week trash can become a public health issue because of the year round heat.  My brother had it twice a week in Florida, but not in Alaska and he explained to me the reasoning behind twice a week pick up in the south.  We have recyclable pick up once a week on Mondays.  They send around a truck for the recyclables and then they come later for the trash with another truck.

• Like 1

What's your favorite color? (me: purple)

Do you think there is intelligent life somewhere out there? (me: I wouldn't doubt it)

Do you have trash pick-up and if so how many times a week? (me: yes, twice a week - Monday and Thursday)

What's my favorite color: black, green, blue, dark red. I can't pick just one.

Do I think there is intelligent life somewhere out there? Yes. Considering the size of the universe and forever, it seems rather vain to think there would not be life in another place/dimension/reality.

Do I have trash pick-up and if so how many times a week? Yes, twice. One of those times they pick up the recyclables too and yard waste/brush is also picked up. 

But I have three questions.

Do you like seafood, and if yes, what are your favorites? (me: Yes, I love seafood. I like to eat crabs, shrimp and various fish).

Have you ever gone skydiving? (me: No, and no thanks).

Do you think that there is enough wealth in the world to end poverty and starvation? (Yes, I do think there is enough of everything for everyone. Some people are just not sharing, for one, and for another, there is too much discrimination).

• Like 2

Seafood: sort of. DH is allergic to shellfish and shrimp so we really don't do seafood. If we have it at all it's because salmon or halibut was on sale and I could afford to buy it.

Or it's because our Kroger has sushi samples (the beginner sushi - no raw fish).

Skydiving? What, are you crazy?! I know a gal in her 70s who did it two years ago for her birthday present (her choice) hoping it would help her with her fear of heights. Nope.

I think there is enough money and food to go around. Do I think the government should force people to share what they have? No. Do I think people SHOULD share? Yes, and that 

includes people in leadership positions! But everyone should do it because it's the right thing to do, not because someone forced them to do it.

• Like 3

Do you like seafood, and if yes, what are your favorites?

I love seafood. There are very few varieties that I've tried that I haven't liked. But, I now have an anaphylactic shellfish allergy, so I have to be very careful where I source it. We make salmon fairly often. Also, I love fish tacos. We grill fish on a plank fairly oftenm

Have you ever gone skydiving?

A big, fat nope, never.

Do you think that there is enough wealth in the world to end poverty and starvation?

I do. But our societies are structured where the rich get richer, most often on the backs of the poor. We need structural change, which is not going to happen as long as those with wealth control most of the power.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Seafood: Yes!  Shrimp and crab are my favorites, but I also like clams.  I do not like fish at all.  Unfortunately, my daughter is allergic to shrimp (and several fishes) so I don't get it much.

Skydiving: No.  And I never ever want to either.

Wealth: Yes, I am sure there is.  I don't think it will ever happen, though, because some who have the means don't want to help and then there's a lot of corruption in this world so some people who need the help would never benefit from it because the money/aid would just get taken by others.  There are a lot of very wealthy people out there quietly doing their best to help where they can.  They are awesome.

• Like 3

No favorite color. 

There probably is intelligent life somewhere.

Trash and recycling once a week, same day. 

Shrimp are okay, and I like certain fish. 

Never been skydiving, not sure if I would if I could do it for free. 

I think it depends on how you define "poverty". Poverty as defined in the US is different than poverty as defined world-wide. And then the problem is that the world population is still increasing. So, it's complicated. There are some experts who say we could fix world hunger, so I guess we could solve that - until there are too many people. 

• Like 2

Good evening! It's been a long, busy day, so I'm just now on here to actually read something. 

My favorite color is green. 

I don't believe there is other life out there. 

We have trash pick-up once a week. 

I test allergic to shellfish, but I'm not much of a seafood person anyway. 

No to the skydiving and no plans to ever do it

Yes, I think there would be enough wealth and resources to end poverty and starvation. It will never happen, though, because people love money and power far too much to ever put others before themselves that much. Thankfully there are people who care about others and help where they can. 

I have a question, too. What are your favorite foods to eat when the heat is that high?

Edited by mom31257
  • Like 1

I have a question, too. What are your favorite foods to eat when the heat is that high?

It'll sound weird, but spicy stuff.  Mexican.  It weirdly makes us feel cooler.  I don't get it.  We add jalapenos from our garden to everything that makes sense.

• Like 1