Menu

To go or not to go?

MommyLiberty5013

In September, we supposed to rent an RV and drive to the Black Hills and then on to Yellowstone with the kids.

But, during the past week or two Yellowstone has had 460+ small earthquakes (called a swarm). Most are in the 2-3 range. I believe the highest have been 4s.

I know YNP, gets earthquake swarms every few years. We will probably just watch this situation over the next two months.

But, would this cause you not to visit Yellowstone? Is this no big deal?

You seem super fixated on earthquakes.  As this http://science.howstuffworks.com/nature/natural-disasters/earthquake6.htm explains, microquakes (3 and under on the richter scale) aren't even felt by humans. 

Not fixated. Just interested. Also, and this happens to me a lot - one topic seems to keep popping up over and over in a short period of time. I guess it is front of mind. Generally, I do not care.

• Like 1

Those are tiny, no big deal. You probably wouldn't even feel most of them unless they're very close to the surface where you are. Go and have a blast!

I'd go. Go to the lower falls of the yellowstone river as the sun hits them. It makes a rainbow. I'll try to find one of pix.

I'll have to do this at home on my computer.

Edited by gardenmom5