Menu

Lively Latin's live online course

Has anyone used this? What do you think of it? Would you consider it for a younger student? It says it is aimed at students around 5th to 9th grades with no background in Latin. Dd8 would be going into 3rd by age. By content she is generally a grade or two ahead. She has done SSL 1 and the first half of Big Book 1 in Latin, though she needs a refresher, since she hasn't done any Latin for half a year. (We dropped all extras when I was going through a meltdown this winter.) It would be her first online course.

Not sure if you are locked into LL, but GHF has Latin courses for gifted students. I can think of several other providers that have Latin courses that have an age range that is closer. My son is doing the one with CAP's online Schole Academy in the fall which is aimed at 4th to 6th graders.

Edited by calbear

Sacha will be in the class this year. The author is a teacher at our charter school. He will be a 3rd grader next year by age, but she's letting him in because he's already completed SSL 1 and 2 and GSWL. Just send her a message. She is very responsive.