Menu

Just figured out a simple fix for us with audio learning!

This is a "No DUH!" post that I'm hesitating to make, but I had to share.  My dyslexic DS who also has some attention deficits requires audio books and video lectures.  We only just realized that SPEEDING UP the reader/video is HUGELY helpful.  I have attention problems myself, and it was miraculous to me to hear something read out loud FAST - all of a sudden I could pay attention to it! 

My other DS clued me in when he started speeding up lectures from MIT OCW (so often its just the lecturer writing on the board - and he realized that whenever something was really important, it was said much slower :001_smile: ).  What I'm realizing is that for those with attention difficulties, this isn't just a time-saver.  It really helps keep you focused.

• Like 2

This is a "No DUH!" post that I'm hesitating to make, but I had to share.  My dyslexic DS who also has some attention deficits requires audio books and video lectures.  We only just realized that SPEEDING UP the reader/video is HUGELY helpful.  I have attention problems myself, and it was miraculous to me to hear something read out loud FAST - all of a sudden I could pay attention to it! 

My other DS clued me in when he started speeding up lectures from MIT OCW (so often its just the lecturer writing on the board - and he realized that whenever something was really important, it was said much slower :001_smile: ).  What I'm realizing is that for those with attention difficulties, this isn't just a time-saver.  It really helps keep you focused.

Yes! It's funny my dyslexic dh has to slow things down, but I need to listen way faster or I get so frustrated and wander.