Menu

BJU middle school science question

bnwhitaker

I haven't done any BJU science beyond 6th grade so I don't know the answer to your question but I was wondering what math skills are required to complete  BJU's 8th grade science? 

I have done Apologia's physical science and I think it was recommended that my dd complete pre algebra either beforehand or concurrently. BJU is a more rigorous course from what I can tell. Anyway, that might be a factor in your decision making.   

Yes, you could definitely switch them.  DD14 is just finishing Earth and did Life Science last year.  I think Earth & Space is a little more difficult than Life Science, but I agree they are both rigorous courses.  My dd has enjoyed them both, although I think she liked Life Science more only because she was more interested in it.    If you're using the DLO, Life Science has been redone with a new teacher (it was Mrs. Vick for both) that goes with the latest edition.  And Mrs Twain is correct that there is no math required.