Menu

Advanced Language Lessons is available for pre-order!

I just checked Amazon, and the core instructor text and the student workbook 1 are available for pre-order! It's called Grammar for the Well-Trained Mind. The release date is September 18.

Hopefully this isn't old news! I hadn't seen any updates lately.

Lana

• Like 1

This is the first I'm reading about these new books. Could someone please explain them? How they fit in with the other well trained mind books, grade level, continuation of other books or a new series, and so on.

They are a continuation of The First Language Lessons series on grammar. These will be the middle school books 5th through 8th. The teacher's edition covers all four years. Then there is a student workbook and a student key for each year. There is also an additional reference book with all the grammar rules and info which is useful, but I don't think necessary to do the curriculum.

They are a continuation of The First Language Lessons series on grammar. These will be the middle school books 5th through 8th. The teacher's edition covers all four years. Then there is a student workbook and a student key for each year. There is also an additional reference book with all the grammar rules and info which is useful, but I don't think necessary to do the curriculum.

I was wondering about this as the classes using these books mention high school credit on the WTMA site.

Hi, all:

We don't have a lot of control over when books go up on Amazon, and I have NO idea why this appeared today (Monday) and then suddenly became unavailable. We're working on it. Sorry for the lack of info! Here are the facts....

The grammar program WILL be available this fall. Not sure when it will sell through Amazon, but you'll be able to order from us.

We will have samples and a full explanation of how the program works up within the next three weeks.

You can give high school credit for language arts IF the student spends the appropriate number of hours on the course (again, we'll have this up shortly).

This is the LAST grammar program your kids will need before rhetoric.

Again, sorry for the sketchy nature of this, but we've been working full-time on this program, it's VERY close to launch, and we had no idea it would suddenly pop up on Amazon for pre-order and then almost instant go to "unavailable." I still don't know what that's about. But we're figuring it out--and will keep you posted. More soon.

SWB

Thanks, SWB!

I won't be using it this fall as it'll come out too late for my 'summer planning.' However, I do plan on ordering from TWTM Press so y'all get more $$ from it (and I might pick up the PDF of a workbook if you offer that option since I still have several kids to go).

Looking forward to samples in a few weeks!!

• Like 1

Quick update: we've talked to W. W. Norton, our international distributor, who handles our Amazon channel, and they too are mystified. The book IS going to be available this fall. I'll post again when the pre-order buttons are working.

just so you know...we will have it in stock a couple of weeks before Amazon can ship it...so, if you're wavering between pre-order from Amazon and waiting to hear from us that it's in stock...

SWB

I'm so excited this program will be out at the perfect time for my oldest. I've been going crazy trying to find something to help encourage a really solid understanding of grammar before she begins high school in a year. She is currently interested in linguistics (with a focus in Romance languages) as a career, so it will be very reassuring to have her well prepared through this program. She will be finishing up Writing with Skill 3 this year and this new program will be the perfect complement. Thanks for the update.

• Like 1