Menu

Accountability Thread 6/11-6/17

Good morning!

My "let's organize the school room today" idea on Friday turned into a weekend long project that's still not done! :laugh: I'm going to have a beautiful space when it's done, though! It's at a point where I'm not going to spend long days on it anymore. Probably 2 hours a day on available days, working on individual projects until it's done. I spent my budget for this month already on shelving so I'll have to wait until next month for the cubbies and workboxes I want. I'm super excited to freshen it up though. :hurray:

Monday's school to do list:

-ds read aloud to me from Frog and Toad All Year

-me read aloud to ds from Little House in the Big Woods

-dd read alouds

-dd spelling practice

-dd grammar lesson

-dd 7's multiplication practice

-dd and ds do something resembling science and/or history

-dd piano practice

-dd OT homework

Monday's non school to do list:

-3 loads of laundry (in progress)

-clean out pantry, fridge, and freezers DONE!

-All trash out to curb DONE!

-clean kitchen (working on it now)

-clean upstairs bedrooms

-water plants

-seperate and store unused curriculum in school room

-reorganize art, drawing, and paper supplies in school room

Have a great day!

• Like 3

Well, yesterday was terrible! :willy_nilly: :thumbdown:

Usually only one kid is grouchy for the whole day but yesterday all 3 of them were awful!! We did read alouds, spelling, piano practice, and that's it! There were tears and loud voices (which I really hate) through all of it. Then my phone beeped at noon to remind me that piano lessons changed to the summer schedule and we had to leave in 45 minutes and we hadn't even had lunch yet! Not my finest hour. :glare:

So today I am zeroing in on the housework that didn't happen yesterday and giving the kids some space. I am going to do a minimum of school lessons and only when they start bickering or something. That will magically be time to gather around for read alouds! Lol. Hopefully it will be a better day.

Tuesday's school to do list:

-all the reading

-piano practice

-OT homework

-whatever more we need to do based on moods

Tuesday's non school to do list:

-3 loads of laundry (in progress)

-clean upstairs bedrooms from yesterday

-clean downstairs bedroom

-work on school room projects

Have a great day everone!

• Like 3

Yesterday was great! I had a list of things to do for them and they dutifully excited it. They worked on school work while Daddy was at school and did beautifully. Last night I got a migraine, so today was shit with recovery. We did a little math and a little LA . I'll try to get a read aloud in later, but right now we are vegging with the tv on and subtitles. I need to doing out list for to flow and hopefully it will go smoother.

• Like 4

We are here being accountable but I keep starting to post and getting distracted. I'm only working with math, science, and fun books this summer. We get so few nice days in a year that we are squishing I what we can in they morning, but not sacrificing outdoor time for school. I should do at least a little writing with the kids but it is no one's favorite in this house. Maybe I'll make a good effort to at least have the kids do TTRS so they know how to type when the main school year starts up again.

I mostly just want to be accountable for my own self education this summer though. Is that terribly naughty? My writing in French is not as good as I'd like so I have been looking at Projet Voltaire and I'd like to put time in every day on that. Then I'm studying Russian and would like to pick up Latin again with Lingua Latina Per Se Illustrata. Haven't touched Latin since high school. Annnd I started going through the Feynman Lectures to review physics. I'd like to make a similar review of math so I can move on to graduate level physics later this year. I have some books picked out for that. I miss math and physics terribly. I'd also like to read and write some analysis (just for fun) of the done Great Books. Obviously I have time for all of this with 5 kids under 10 :smash:

• Like 3

Ambitious, CadenceSophia! I'm mostly concerned with getting through the next few weeks, and making my 50K for Camp NaNoWriMo in July. Actually, just finding enjoyment in today would be good enough for right now. I'm still tired, and so I'm figuring out what I want to do with the day to recharge rather than to try to catch up on work here at the house.

Tentative schedule:

Chores (morning done)

Laundry (started)

Walk with the dogs (done)

Romp with the puppies (later this evening when it gets cooler)

Write

Make pizza

I might do a little housekeeping

That's about it. Work tomorrow.

• Like 3

The boys have ants in there room :cursing: .  I really hate ants!  Our schedule for today was

Scripture study (done)

Hymn (done)

math (done)

literature (done)

piano practice (done)

load of laundry folded (done)

load in washer and one in dryer (done)

Still need to decide what courses to buy from the audible sale

we got most of our stuff done already but it's still nice to see what we've accomplished!  I do have some things that still need doing. 

• Like 3

Good afternoon everyone! Yesterday was much better with a more relaxed schedule.

Today's school list is similar:

-read alouds (done)

-student reading (done)

-multiplication practice (done)

-piano practice (done)

-OT homework

Non school to do list:

-2 loads laundry (working on it)

-menu plan and make shopping list (done)

-grocery shopping (done)

- drop off recycling (done)

-clean 3 entries

-clean garage

Making good progress today but I need to get back to it!

• Like 3

Good afternoon!

Dh took the boys to work with him today so dd and I have had a spontaneous mommy daughter date. We took turns taking relaxing baths since we only have one tub. We watched Beauty and the Beast, I french braided her hair, painted her nails, and now we are eating ice cream right out of the carton and watching netflix. It's been glorious!!!! I'll probably get up in a few minutes and blitz the house so dh thinks I've gotten something done! :leaving:

We have OT and a car repair later and I'd like to sneak into the store to try to find a new swim suit. I guess not much schoolwork is going to get done today but dd has really enjoyed her day off. She is so helpful around the house and with her little brothers that she really deserved it. I need to make a point to do nice things for her more often.

• Like 3

I worked today.

:hurray: On teaching girls that it's right to relax and rest. 

ETA: Not that boys don't need lessons in that area, too. My boys went to the driving range with DH and hit buckets of balls until the rain chased them in. So they got some relaxing in today, too.

Edited by Critterfixer
  • Like 2

I worked today.

:hurray: On teaching girls that it's right to relax and rest.

ETA: Not that boys don't need lessons in that area, too. My boys went to the driving range with DH and hit buckets of balls until the rain chased them in. So they got some relaxing in today, too.

I agree! Glad your boys had some fun yesterday. :)

Today's list:

-reading

-multiplication practice

-OT homework

-piano practice

-shopping trip for kids to spend some money they earned

-clean living room

-clean 2 bathrooms

-get everyone all dressed up for a special occasion tonight (hopefully we won't be home too late, I don't want cranky kids on Saturday morning!)

Have a great Friday and a good weekend everyone!

• Like 2

Good Morning ladies!  The boys are still asleep and I have no plans to wake them yet, i'm just going to enjoy the sweet sounds of silence!  Our list for today

clean litter boxes (done)

Scripture study/hymn

math

literature

piano practice

make sure youngest wears his headgear more

thinking about going swimming with friends

getting one of my elders from airport

dinner

reading for myself (which I did not get to do yesterday)

• Like 2

I worked. I am oh, so tired. I wish I had not said we would do school next week. But it is necessary because I need to take the week after next off. I think I'll rest up, and make the schedule tomorrow after I quit feeling like I've been sat on and squished by an elephant.

• Like 2