Menu

Finished watching The Wonder Years with my family

Hyacinth

We watched all 5 (or 6?) seasons as a family over the past month or two and it has been a sweet time for all of us. My guys are 14 and 16, and they easily identified with much of Kevin's storytelling. And nearly every episode led to a conversation about something--family relationships, girlfriends, peer pressure, jobs, societal changes since the 70s, etc.

Just so, so good.

And now I really miss Kevin Arnold.

And Winnie Cooper.

• Like 5

Whoa!  I was JUST thinking about what ages for my older 2 to start The Wonder Years.  My DH didn't watch it as a kid.  I started making him watch it with me, but we never got through it.  Whatever we were watching it through at the time, they didn't have the rights to the Joe Cocker version of the intro, and it made me BONKERS.  I had to skip past the song.  They were ruining my nostalgia.

Was Fred Savage in that? And everyone knows that but me? I've seen him in exactly two things: The Princess Bride and The Grinder. I love, love, love him in The Grinder. He's so funny. So is Rob Lowe for that matter. Makes me glad I forgave him after being mad at him for so many decades. 

Maybe I'll watch TWY. 

Was Fred Savage in that? And everyone knows that but me? I've seen him in exactly two things: The Princess Bride and The Grinder. I love, love, love him in The Grinder. He's so funny. So is Rob Lowe for that matter. Makes me glad I forgave him after being mad at him for so many decades.

Maybe I'll watch TWY.

Yes, Fred Savage was in The Wonder Years......