Menu

WAIS IV Results - Discrepancy & Help with Interpretation

Hi everyone, 

I'm new around here, and recently got myself tested by a training psychologist. The psychologist wasn't able to give me a proper interpretation of my results, so I was hoping that someone here might be able to help.. I don't have the subtest scaled scores (except for my PRI). Here're my scores: 

VCI: 147
WMI: 145
PRI: 121 (subtest scaled score: matrix reasoning - 16, block design - 15, visual puzzles - 11) 
PSI: 122 

FSI: Not provided due to discrepancy in indexes. My PRI is also stated to not be reliable because the scaled scores have a difference of more than 5. However, the summary of the report mentioned that on average my IQ falls in the superior range. 

I was wondering if the PRI and PSI can substantially depress my overall results, and if these scores can still be considered to fall under the 'gifted' range? Lastly, despite the discrepancy, can the GAI or even FSIQ still be given (i understand that it will not give an accurate picture of intellectual ability), and if so is there anyone else that knows how to calculate the GAI/ FSIQ? 

Thank you for your help. 

Edited by heroindisguise

I have seen FSIQ and GAI calculated with all kinds of discrepancies, and the psych just makes some notes about the limitations of those scores.

Were you told that a big discrepancy between indexes can indicate a learning disability of some sort? It can. 

Your scores are pretty much in line with a 2e profile in my non-professional opinion. 2e = Twice-exceptional, meaning exceptional in the gifted sense plus having another exceptionality like ADHD, NVLD, autism, dyslexia, etc.

You might also post this on the Learning Challenges board. Many of us have 2e children or are 2e. 

• Like 1

Thanks @EKS, I've registered for an account more than a week ago but the adminstrators have yet to approve it. Do you have any idea if the forum is open to public? 

@kbutton I've contacted my training psychologist, but she insisted that the system couldn't generate a FSIQ and GAI for me... and i had no real 'justifications' for that, except out of curiosity and trying to understand at which level i fall under. She also insisted that the discrepancy in indexes was normal and didn't signal any sort of learning disability. Thank you for the help though.