Menu

How Prodigy responds to my child... or doesn't ????

Hello, my 2 daughters are deeply engaged in Prodigy Game for math. 

DD10 questions and progress section seem all over the map... she is "making progress" in all grades 4-8 according to the chart. It has me wondering - does the system adjust to my child? 

I was hoping for a responsive system that helps build skills, but I'm not sure that's what's happening. I'd rather not to box it in by controlling content if the system has an actual capacity to respond. 

BIG QUESTION: If the game is "somewhat" responsive, how do folks feel about kids attempting higher grade content without mastering lower grade material in full first?

What I can say is that they both love it and we are about 4 months in. They have "struggle" areas but no one is frustrated by it. I've started paying attention to it - so perhaps we will google some of the problems we don't know how to solve. Or maybe I should just let them struggle so the game can adapt. 

Any insights will be much appreciated!!!!!!

I can only comment on one question. I do make assignments for higher content than what he is averagely placed at. He's just better at certain things than others, plus some beginning content in higher levels, such as definitions and conceptual statements, don't require a high level of computation. I've found that to be true particularly in the fractions, geometry, and measurements sections.

I find doing that helps to break up the monotony of computation and fact fluency questions.

It adapts in the different areas. It can take a bit though, so if my kids get frustrated, I go on my account and make an assignment in a different area. I go through periods of making assignments or setting the topics to match their school book. And periods of letting prodigy decide.

I don't help too often so the game adjusts.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk