Menu

Schools Out

We finished school today! My girls are excited for summer. DD1 didn't seem too sad to leave her school of two years to embark on an adventure of charter school next year. It's amazing, I had very few people talk to me about what DD1 was doing for school next year, and I work in the building.

I think we are going to take it easy for a week or so before working on some simple skills. Both girls are going to work on reading by doing a lot of free reading. We're also going to work math facts with Reflex Math and Prodigy Game. We're also going to do journal writing. I'm not going to push them this summer because we are recovering from a rough year.

I'm just excited that school is over.

Yay!!  Our last day is June 6, but the majority of substantive work is over.  Now it's just stalking the grade site.  :P

I have so many things I want to accomplish this summer.  I have decided to actually start a little early, as in, tomorrow.  One kid will go to a new math class, and I will give the other kid her choice of summer bridge books to start on.  Will also try to do a little reading, even if it's only read-alouds for one kid.  :)

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

We finished school today! My girls are excited for summer. DD1 didn't seem too sad to leave her school of two years to embark on an adventure of charter school next year. It's amazing, I had very few people talk to me about what DD1 was doing for school next year, and I work in the building.

I think we are going to take it easy for a week or so before working on some simple skills. Both girls are going to work on reading by doing a lot of free reading. We're also going to work math facts with Reflex Math and Prodigy Game. We're also going to do journal writing. I'm not going to push them this summer because we are recovering from a rough year.

I'm just excited that school is over.

I`m just excited that school is over too!!!!!!! It`s amazing!!!! :hurray: My two DD are too happy!!!

I`m just excited that school is over too!!!!!!! It`s amazing!!!! :hurray: My two DD are too happy!!!

Hey! Congrats!!

Today was the first day of our holidays too :hurray:  and it was a lovely day by the sea :thumbup:

And tomorrow we begin all over again :laugh: