Menu

Geography poll

In which region do you live?  

1. 1. In which region do you live?

• West - western CO, WY, MT, UT, CA, NV, ID, OR, WA, AK, HI
    • Southwest - western TX, parts of OK, NM, AZ, NV
    • Midwest - OH, MI, IN, WI, IL, MN, IO, parts of MO, ND, SD, KS, NE, eastern CO
    • South - VA, WY, KY, TN, NC, SC, GA, FL, AL, MS, AR, LA, parts of MO, TX, OK
    • Middle Atlantic - NY, NJ, PA, DE, Washington DC, MD
    • Northeast - ME, NH, VT, MA, CT, RI
    • Canada or Greenland
    • Mexico, Central America, the Caribbean or South America
    • Europe, Africa or Middle East
    • Central Asia, Asia, Southeast Asia or Australia

In which region do you live?

It is funny to me that I am considered west - not because I am not for in CA, there is little further west one can go! What is funny is that when I think of west I think of wild west and historic times, gold rush and pioneers. I don't think of my little suburban house in suburban middle CA. :D But I'll claim it! :tongue_smilie:

Wait. Tx is listed twice. How do I know if I'm in the S or the SW? Is it by latitude & longitude? Or by season? Or Civil War politics? ;)

I voted SW before I noticed the other choice.

ETA: Duh. Now I see *west* Tx. So I lied. I'm really in the S.

ETA: Hmm...I think. Depending on where you draw the W line. Can you tell I"m not good at geography?

Wait. Tx is listed twice. How do I know if I'm in the S or the SW? Is it by latitude & longitude? Or by season? Or Civil War politics? ;)

I voted SW before I noticed the other choice.

ETA: Duh. Now I see *west* Tx. So I lied. I'm really in the S.

ETA: Hmm...I think. Depending on where you draw the W line. Can you tell I"m not good at geography?

Aubrey, you have carte blanche to list whatever you want today! Heck, Texas can be in Asia if you'd like. :P Very creative separation: season, politics, or longitude/latitude.

btw, we do geography every morning if ya' need some assistance! DS is teaching me really well!;)

West, Pacific NW to be exact! I grew up in California (for you SF'ers, dh and I lived near Oakland (Fremont), Belmont and grew up southeast of LA mostly, some in Central), so have always been a western gal, but I LOVE the NW! We've lived here for almost 20 years now!

Edited by Brindee

Canada or Greenland. It makes me feel like you think we live . . . so far away. In a very cold place.

Sorry, I would've listed Canada separately, but I was trying to cover all the bases since there are only 10 choices available for a poll. I know there's a military base in Greenland, so that's the only place I could think of to put it - with Canada.

Hey, neighbor! :seeya:

I live in Taxachusetts.

:lol: I just heard of this the other day. I had no idea! It all came about after seeing the "Live Free or Die" on a New Hampshire quarter....

eta: I'm from the SF Bay Area originally but have been here is SW WA for 8 years. LOVE IT! Would not go back to CA unless my life depended on it.

Mid-Atlantic. NE PA. Where we Trick or Treat on the Sunday before Halloween without so much as a jacket, and then go to bed 2 days later with a foot of snow on the ground.

We also had a snow storm the weekend of my ds's due date (April 17th of last year) and brought him home from the hospital in a light sweater two weeks later.

:glare:

My friend, I didn't see Rohan either. What's up with your poll? :tongue_smilie:

Ha ha. Just kidding. But I can't vote. The Samoan Islands don't fit in any category. I am between Hawaii and New Zealand. But it looks like I will be back in sunny southern CA by Christmas ~ where my heart has always been! :001_tt1:

My friend, I didn't see Rohan either. What's up with your poll? :tongue_smilie:

Ha ha. Just kidding. But I can't vote. The Samoan Islands don't fit in any category. I am between Hawaii and New Zealand. But it looks like I will be back in sunny southern CA by Christmas ~ where my heart has always been! :001_tt1:

I almost put the Pacific Islands in with Asia and Australia.

Oh well, southeast Asia would've been fine.

Or I guess you could wait until Christmas to vote. :D

Interesting poll; thanks for posting! I wonder what it says about us? Do you think there are more in the South b/c it's the Bible Belt? Faith is one of the reasons we homeschool but honestly it's down the list. I was just wondering since I thought it was an interesting that so many are down here.

Edited by Jennefer@SSA

Stacey, I don't think it's fair that CT gets to be NE and NY has to be Mid-Atlantic, especially for those of us in upstate NY. If I have to be Mid-Atlantic, then I want this snow gone and not back until January and then gone again long before April.

NY is definitely northeast.

I love upstate NY, it is beautiful!

Stacey, I don't think it's fair that CT gets to be NE and NY has to be Mid-Atlantic, especially for those of us in upstate NY. If I have to be Mid-Atlantic, then I want this snow gone and not back until January and then gone again long before April.

I've lived in the west mostly, so most of the states back east are just considered east coast to me.

I used this site to compose this poll.

US Regions and US States

Have fun in the snow! :tongue_smilie:

Australia? I'm SO there. Sounds good to me. ;) OK, I voted.

Oh, man, I'd love to go to Australia. I feel like I should give you a sticker for voting. But the ones they hand out are so boring.

This one cracked me up. I don't think it'd be something anyone would choose to wear though. :D

colossal_idiot.gif

Edited by Apiphobic

Oh, man, I'd love to go to Australia. I feel like I should give you a sticker for voting. But the ones they hand out are so boring.

This one cracked me up. I don't think it'd be something anyone would choose to wear though. :D

colossal_idiot.gif

Ha Ha Ha :lol: Yeah, I wouldn't *do* that sticker either. Funny, though. :D

Well, technically I'm in Northern Virginia- just a bit from DC. So I went with Mid-Atlantic. Not south, because we moved here from Mississippi, and I was ever-so-relieved to be outta the south at last.

Until someone pointed out that Virginia *is* the south.

I'm still in denial though.

(I'm originally from the PNW, anyway, and moving to Asia in a few months, so we're not really "from" anywhere at all!)