Menu

CONGRATULATIONS to our graduates!

SweetChild is DONE with high school!

Well, she has to fix a few typos on her final personal narrative essay today, but I already updated my signature. :D

She's still looking for her summer job, hoping to be a receptionist/salon assistant. In the fall she'all start beauty school, skin care and make up only. Then in January she'll go to community college to work on her business degree.

Very proud of her. She worked hard every day to finish, even on days when I could have done better.

Anybody else?

• Like 16

Ani's done.  She's focusing on her health (Ehlers-Danlos, POTS, Celiac, Fibromyalgia, Chronic Neck Pain due to multiple herniations; she has a youtube channel about invisible illness: Invisible Recovery) She is hoping she'll be well enough to take a class at the community college in the fall.  She wants to major in kinesiology.  She's an assistant manager at a taekwondo studio and wants to be the manager one day (which they've said will happen soon after she turns 18 in February).  Life is hard for her because of her health, but she pushes through as much as she can.

Edited by Butter
  • Like 11

After today, DD will be done with everything but her physics labs. She graduates with a local group a week from today.

I'm going to do her transcript with just "Physics," so we can get her registered and the community college, and then we'll finish her labs over the summer. The best science teacher there is the physics teacher, so I want to get those in. When we're done, I'll redo her transcript to add the labs.

• Like 11

My second daughter graduated this year...a year early and with 15h of concurrent classes done at our community college!!  She'll be attending the CC in the Fall.  Her plan right now is to complete 48h there that are required to be eligible for a honors transfer scholarship at the university she hopes to attend. 

• Like 7

Middle son is now done with college, two majors, two minors - Summa Cum Laude.  He's off to med school in Aug... ;)

I only have one more left with one year of college to finish, then all are done with that.  I've been feeling pretty old lately TBH.  I love what they are doing, but it means my years are flying by too.  (sigh)

Anyone else have the song, Sunrise, Sunset (from Fiddler on the Roof) playing through their minds?  (My oldest is already married.)

• Like 7

My youngest is done with high school. She is excited to spend next year in Taiwan on a Rotary Youth Exchange. She'll head to Indiana University (International Studies, Arabic, Chinese) after her gap year.

I am finished homeschooling and am looking forward to whatever comes next 😊

• Like 8

My oldest just finished high school. It's kind of surreal. My first homeschool graduate. She got into her top school of choice. I worried for years that we weren't doing enough. It's been such a relief to know we must be doing something right.

Congratulations to all graduates!

• Like 6