Menu

As outsource classes end, what do I need to keep with me?

It's our first year of high school. I'm a bit clueless now that the year is ending.

What do I need to prove down the road the grades he got? Nothing, but self-reporting? Should I be downloading a grade sheet, a transcript? All tests and lab reports? 

Thanks!

Most of my dd's outsourced classes have report cards that are basically just little slips of paper.  I have the course descriptions printed out, the report cards, individual teacher contact information where appropriate, and the organizations' contact information.  I haven't requested her DE transcripts at this point, because she's probably going to take more classes with two particular schools, but one did provide a class grade report and the other sent multiple certificates (which can be converted to credit once she matriculates.)

Since my state requires portfolios, I have to keep some work, regardless of what colleges want.  But I'm glad for it, in case she eventually chooses a college that does want a portfolio.  (Though I hope she doesn't!!!)

I have a better safe than sorry motto.

I probably overkeep. I print out the grade report, the certificate (if they send one), and the class description (if they provided one). Note the text and/or books covered and teacher name - anything you might want to include in your course desvription.

I also keep lab reports from science class and major papers from English classes.

ETA: You'll want to set aside some time to work on a transcript and course descriptions this summer. See the pinned threads for helpful links and examples.

Edited by RootAnn
  • Like 2

I plan to begin course descriptions shortly as the school year ends... transcript I've already got a working copy. Thanks to so many hear who were willing to share theirs!

Do you know if PAH AP classes send a certificate or grade report or what?

How about Edhesive CS?

WTMA?

WHA?

TIA!

I plan to begin course descriptions shortly as the school year ends... transcript I've already got a working copy. Thanks to so many hear who were willing to share theirs!

Do you know if PAH AP classes send a certificate or grade report or what?

How about Edhesive CS?

WTMA?

WHA?

TIA!

When my son did an Edhesive course a couple years ago, assigning grades was the responsibility of the home teacher or course coach. I had him screenshot his quiz scores and have him credit if of his program met the assigned requirements.

• Like 1

Would you keep copies of all graded math tests, for example? Or just the midterm and final? What's necessary maybe, and what's overkill?

For science, I think we'll keep all lab reports, maybe the book report, research paper and maybe the final? Does that sound good?