Menu

The Can I DO This Teachers Lounge 5-25-2017

scrapbookbuzz

Happy Birthday!!! Said on behalf of my sister whose birthday is today.

Today's theme comes from the fact that I have to open the Lounge from my phone while waiting for mechanic to change oil in my car.

I'm currently sitting in McDonalds across the street where the staff are apparently all immune to the sound of any of their fryer beeper. Oi!

Anyone else bothered by repetitive sounds? Here: see above. Those and way-too-ramped-up bass in cars that I can hear, and FEEL, even with my own windows closed! :glare:

Anyone else find they like eating it at restaurants less and less (possibly due to limited offerings of what you can actually eat)? Here: SO me!

If you do have plans for this Memorial Day weekend, are you traveling? When do you leave? Here: dh and ds still contemplating camping but there is a ban on campfires. :-/ I will be driving to a town just over an hour North of here on Sat to work a Farmers market up there.

Talk to me! :bigear:

Edited by scrapbookbuzz
  • Like 3

Annoyed by repetitive sounds: Usually, but not always.  Right now the people pouring the concrete foundation on the house being built next door is driving me nuts because it is so loud.  Also, I still haven't figured out what they were thinking buying that lot.  The rest of the houses in the neighborhood were built in 2000 and the lot was priced 2x market value.  I guess that's what happens when it's a hopping seller's market.

Don't like eating in restaurants: I don't, but mainly because it's so incredibly expensive for all 6 of us and I'm lactose intolerant and three of us have Celiac and one is allergic to wheat so finding places we can eat and then having to do the whole allergy issues explaining is just kind of annoying.

Plans for the weekend: Fritz has to be at the pool at 6:40 Saturday morning for their first swim meet.

• Like 3

Butter, while I am not Celiac, I am highly intolerant to all gluten-laden things AND corn AND corn derivatives (dextrose, maltodextrin, citric acid, ascorbic acid, etc),

so in that, I feel your pain. It's just easier (or, at least, safer) to make it at home, isn't it?

Well, the car is done at the mechanic. Found out the front right tire has a screw in it. Lovely. Guess that will take up the rest of my morning!  :glare:

• Like 3

I go all Sheldon Cooper on my family if they hum or whistle. lol. Same goes for smacking food while eating.

No unusual plans this weekend. Several family members work Monday.

I like nicer restaurants on the rare occasion when I spurge on them. All the other stuff doesn't taste as good as if we made it ourselves or is stuff we wouldn't eat. Like McD. With the exception of their fries, which we think has the same addictive chemical in it as KFC, probably because that scary clown took the colonels place in the Pentaveret.

I'm staying indoors as much as possible wearing a sweater bc I'm running the ac 24/7 due to several young people, including baby girl, having the worst allergies ever this year. Not looking forward to the electrical bills this summer.

• Like 3

The worst repetitive noise I have had to survive was the year the movie Titanic came out. I had a thriving music studio at the time, piano and voice. Numerous intermediate and advanced students and every single one one of them wanted to sing or play that blasted Celine Dion tune. So every cotton picking day for weeks a kid showed up with that sheet music in hand wanting to rehearse it into perfection. I thought I would lose my ever loving mind!

I am burned out entirely on meal planning, grocery shopping, and cooking. So I would like to eat out more, not less LOL.

No Memorial Day plans except ds wants to bring the new girlfriend over. I am concerned about this one because she seems quite head over heels smitten and ds only wants something casual because he is college education oriented at this time, and keeps a very busy schedule.

Edited by FaithManor
  • Like 2

I have to say that it's my ds practicing a scale on the violin where he repeatedly plays with poor intonation. Sometimes it's just one note, more often it's several.  :cursing:   The worst part is he never stops to fix the error, just goes merrily along as if all is well. 

And of you music-types, ever have a child who plays their ascending minor scale melodic, then the descending harmonic, and they didn't even notice. I wish I could laugh.  :crying:

• Like 2

Hi Scrap and everyone!

I'm way late today because my Dd had her birthday party this afternoon. Her birthday is actually next month, but by then kids will have camp, vacations, swim meets etc. My house is nicely clean and the party was fun. Dd has lovely friends.

Dinner was take and bake pizza, so tonight I enjoyed eating "out", at least not doing shopping or cooking. I don't enjoy fast food, but I do enjoy eating out at a nice place. Esp. some of the non-chain restaurants which source much of their food from local farms. No food issues here, other than Dh and I try to eat low carb most of the time. 

No plans yet for the weekend. Possibly friends over to eat. Pool on Monday for a while at least. The water will be so cold!

Dh has tomorrow off and is going to play golf with friends from church. 

• Like 3

Good evening, everyone! 

I'm late, too, because I went to the big used book sale today. It was 1.5 hours away, and I volunteered to work in it. I was gone all day long. I did make about $120, though. It's more than I would have made sitting at home all day!  :D

I can usually tune out sounds, so not much bothers me. 

I'm with Faith on the eating out issue. I'm so burned out on meal planning, and my family really doesn't give much input on what they want. I'd like to eat out even more if we could afford it. If we had a Moe's in our town, I think I could eat there every day.

Still no plans for Memorial Day. We won't know dd's work schedule until she gets home tomorrow night. We know she works Saturday and Sunday. I'll probably do some cleaning out and get stuff together to take to the local thrift store. 

• Like 1